Professor Computer Science & Technology
BS, Zhejiang University; MA, Queens College (CUNY); MPhil, Graduate School (CUNY); PhD, City University of New York
Office: Memorial Hall Room 215
Phone: (603) 535-2534
Fall office hours:
Monday & Wednesday 11:00am – 12:00pm
Friday 10:00am – 12:00pm
Dr. Zhizhang Shen graduated with a B.S. in Computer Science from Zhejiang University, People’s Republic of China, in 1983. He later received his M.A. in Computer Science from Queens College, City University of New York (CUNY), in 1987, and Ph.D. in Computer Science from CUNY Graduate Center in 1990.
Dr. Shen’s main teaching interests lie in algorithm analysis, data base and theoretical computer science; and his research interests include performance analysis and fault tolerance study of interconnection networks, and applied combinatorics. He has published more than eight conference papers, as well as journal articles.
- Cheng, E., Qiu, K., and Shen, Z., The g-extra diagnosability of the generalized exchanged hypercube. International Journal of Computer Mathematics: Computer Systems Theory 5(2) (2020) 112-123.
- Cheng, E., Qiu, K., and Shen, Z., A general approach to deriving the g-good-neighbor conditional diagnosability of interconnection networks. Theoretical Computer Science 757 (24) (2019) 56-67.
- Cheng, E., Hao, R., -X., Qiu, K., and Shen, Z., Structural properties and fault resilency of interconnectdion networks, in: Adamatzky, A., Selim A., and Sirakoulis, G., ed. From Parallel To Emergent Computubg, CRC Press, 2019: 77-101.
- CS 2010 – Fundamentals of Computing
- CS 2470 – System Programming in C/C++
- CS 3221 – Algorithm Analysis
- CS 3600 – Database Management Systems
- CS 3780 – Introduction to Computational Theory
- CS 4310 – Operating Systems