Fifth Annual Forum on New Hampshire Foreign Direct Investment
Thursday, February 16, 2023
Researchers and industry panelists discussed findings of foreign direct investment trends in New Hampshire, economic impacts
For questions/comments, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Plymouth State University (PSU), in partnership with the New Hampshire Department of Business and Economic Affairs (BEA) and the World Affairs Council of New Hampshire, presented the key findings of the 2021–2022 New Hampshire Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Report at the fifth annual PSU & BEA Foreign Direct Investment Forum.
The report details a consistent quality of investments in the state and its positive economic impacts despite ongoing uncertainty, inflation, and risk of recession.
According to the Global Business Alliance, an association supporting international companies in the United States, New Hampshire was second in the country for jobs supported by FDI with 8.4% of all jobs supported by international investment. Forty-four percent of these jobs are in manufacturing, and there are nearly 520 employers in this space.
First introduced in 2018, the NH FDI Report is created annually by PSU professors Roxana Wright, PhD, and Chen Wu, PhD, and provides a complete picture of foreign business presence in New Hampshire and analysis of the countries of origin of foreign subsidiaries represented across the state’s counties and industries.
Professors Roxana Wright and Chen Wu shared the findings from their latest report on Foreign Direct Investment in New Hampshire.
BEA Commissioner Taylor Caswell and PSU President Donald L. Birx, PhD, offered remarks. PSU Interim Vice President of Communications, Enrollment & Student Life Marlin Collingwood was the event host.
Following a presentation of the report by its authors, Wright and Wu, there was a panel discussion including a member of the office of the British Consulate, BAE Systems, and the state’s business community.
- Marlin Collingwood, Host/Moderator, PSU Interim Vice President, Communications, Enrollment & Student Life
- Chen Wu, PhD, Co-author of NH FDI Report, PSU Associate Professor of Economics, Director of Business Graduate Programs
- Roxana Wright, PhD, Co-author of the NH FDI Report, PSU Professor of Management
- 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. – Check in, networking
- 9:00 a.m. to 9:20 a.m. – Remarks by Commissioner Caswell and President Birx
- 9:20 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. – Profs. Wright and Wu present key findings of NH FDI Report
- 9:45 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. – Break, networking
- 10:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. – Panel discussion
- 10:45 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. – Q&A
- 11:00 to 11:30 a.m. – Media availability, networking
Plymouth State University
Merrill Place Conference Center
14 Merrill St., Plymouth, New Hampshire
The event was free.
Members of the media are asked to notify Lisa Cramb (email@example.com) or Ryan Lessard (603-867-3603/ firstname.lastname@example.org).Previous FDI Reports and Forums