Frequently Asked Questions

Who can I talk to about making a gift to Plymouth State?

Our Development team is happy to assist you with any questions you may have about making a gift to Plymouth State. For questions about making an annual or planned gift, contact John Scheinman at (603) 535-2805. Click here for additional information.

Can I make my donation anonymous?

Of course! You’ll need to provide your personal information so that your gift can be processed, but we can certainly honor your request for anonymity. Please be sure to note your request on our online giving form or any hard-copy gift documents.

What is a matching gift and how can I find out if my company has a matching gifts program?

More than 10,000 employers sponsor matching gift programs that match charitable contributions made by their employees, employees’ family members, retired employees, and board members. Each company varies in policy and may match 1:1, 2:1, or 3:1, increasing the impact of your gift. Visit our online matching gift company database to search for your company or employer.

How do I specify that my gift is in honor of, or a memorial for, someone?

Memorial or tribute gifts are a beautiful way to honor someone who has made a difference in your life. Please contact the Advancement Office at (800) 772-2620 for additional information.

What is Plymouth State University’s Tax ID Number?


Does PSU have tax exempt status?

As part of the University System of New Hampshire, Plymouth State University is covered under USNH’s 501 (c) (3) designation. Click here to download IRS Exemption Certificate.

Is my gift tax deductible?

Yes. Your gifts to Plymouth State University are tax deductible under the applicable sections of the Internal Revenue Code.

How do I include Plymouth State in my will?

Thank you for considering making a provision for Plymouth State in your estate plans. To learn more about how you can include Plymouth State in your will, please visit our the Planned Giving section of our How to Give page or contact John Scheinman at (603) 535-2291.