PSU provides students several opportunities to apply for funding to support international opportunities.
The Barbara Willey ’37 Endowment for International Study Scholarship Fund. Applications are available through the Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs Office as well as online.
The Crawford Martin Opportunity Grants (CMOG) https://orgsync.com/41442/forms/112110 were established in 2011 with the intent of providing degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate students of Plymouth State University with funding to meet ordinary and extraordinary educational opportunities that enable them to persist in attaining their degrees. These funds are expressly for covering expenses related to educational activity and should be accessed only after other campus funding resources have been pursued.
Other Scholarship Sources:
The U.S. government believes it is important for citizens to be better educated about the world and is providing scholarship assistance to help college students engage in overseas study. Below are links to additional scholarship opportunities. Read the instructions carefully since some scholarships do have a service component associated with receipt of the scholarship.
All of these scholarships are competitive with other students around the U.S. To be the most competitive it is important to:
- Read instructions carefully and check the application deadlines
- Prepare a draft of your essay and have it reviewed by a faculty member, the Writing Center (Lamson Library) or a study abroad advisor
Possible scholarships are:
- NSEP (Boren Scholarship): Deadlines vary
- Asia Freeman, Instiute of InternationalEducation
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship
- Fulbright Program for U.S. Students