K. Hridaya Hall
Graduate Teaching Lecturer, Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Phone: (603) 535-3119
K. Hridaya Hall is a Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC), and Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor (LCMHC). She has training and expertise in clinical supervision, student development in higher education, college counseling, mind-body therapies, and experiential and outdoor education.
Unique experiences include; serving with AmeriCorps, co-founding a program for adults with disabilities with a non-profit in the US Virgin Islands, guiding backpacking, canoeing and experiential education experiences and co-facilitating Breath Therapy certification training.
She is involved in regional leadership as the current Secretary for the North Atlantic Region of Counselor Education and Supervision (NARACES), and actively involved in departmental and college wide service. Her current scholarship is focused around counselor professional identity development, mindfulness in counselor preparation, and pedagogy in counselor education.
She has particular interests in working with counseling trainees on the development of their counselor identity, clinical presence and cultural self-awareness. She is interested in contemplative practices and pedagogy and is an active member of the Center for Contemplative Mind in Society and a recent presenter at the Contemplative Mind in Higher Education conference. She also has specialized training and a commitment to exploring thoughtful ways technology can be used to support strong pedagogy. She values creating supportive, collaborative learning environments in the classroom focused on applying and practicing skills.
Degrees and Education
- PhD, Counselor Education and Supervision, University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- MS, Counseling and Educational Development, University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- BA, Psychology, Elmira College
- Mindfulness and counselor preparation
- Pedagogy in counselor education
- Academic technology and pedagogy
- CO5010 Professional Orientation Ethics and Advocacy
- CO5260 Counseling Theories
- CO5020 Counseling Skills
- CO5460 Group Counseling
- CO5100 Practicum in Counseling
- CO5880 Internship in Mental Health Counseling
- CO7300 Counseling Supervision