Graduate Teaching Lecturer, Curriculum and Instruction
Dr. Kevin Johnson has been an educator in New Hampshire since 1978. He has taught first grade through eleventh grade in 3 public school systems, Andover, Timberlane, and Merrimack Valley. From 1991 to 2013, he was a full-time elementary principal spending the last 18 years at the Kearsarge Regional Elementary School in New London. During this time he was recognized as a New Hampshire Elementary Principal of the Year and as a National Distinguished Principal.
Kevin has provided workshops, seminars, and courses around the state and nation. He works with school districts to improve teaching methods, alignment to common core standards, and pedagogical practices. He possesses a strong background in educational leadership, differentiated instruction, literacy, and cooperative learning. His current research is focused on effective instructional and emotional climates in the graduate classroom.
Degrees and Education
- EdD, William Howard Taft University
- CAGS, University of New Hampshire
- MEd, Plymouth State College
- BS, Plymouth State College
- Blended Learning Strategies
- Graduate Student Satisfaction in Various Learning Environments
- A Review of Armstrong’s The Myth of the ADD Child. NHASCD. 1997
- School Reform and Systems Change: A Practical Guide. Piper. 2002.
- Ideas That Work. NAESP. 2003.
- Differentiating the Kindergarten Classroom. New Hampshire Journal of Education. 2006.
- Professional Learning Communities. New Hampshire Journal of Education. 2010.
- The Art, Heart, and Science of Teaching. Intertown Record. 2012.
- A Study of Emotional Climate in the Graduate Classroom. New Hampshire Journal of Education. 2013.
Awards and Distinctions
- New Hampshire Principal of the Year
- National Distinguished Principal
Associations, Boards, and Committees
- New Hampshire Principal’s Association, Executive Board Member, 2006-2012
- Kearsarge Regional School Board, 2012-Present
- Doctoral Dissertation Committee Member, Institutional Review Board Member
- New England College
- Theories of Learning and Cognitive Development
- Collaborative Action Research
- Differentiated Instruction
- Educational Leadership and Critical Issues
- Research Practica
- Critical Issues in Education
- Methods of Assessment and Evaluation
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Principal Internship 1
- Principal Internship 2.