Lourdes Avilés teaches both undergraduate courses for the BS in Meteorology and graduate courses for the MS in Applied Meteorology. Her areas of expertise include tropical meteorology, air quality, atmospheric dynamics, and earth science education.
Degrees and Education
- PhD, Atmospheric Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- MS, Physics, University of Puerto Rico
- BS, Physics, University of Puerto Rico
- Air quality in New Hampshire
- Hurricane development from African waves in the Atlantic Ocean