Dear Graduate Students and Faculty
Once again, the time has come to submit nominations for the Distinguished Graduate Teaching Award. Annually, we select one faculty member from the graduate programs to be honored with the award at Commencement.
Current full-time or graduate teaching lecturers who have served PSU for a minimum of five years are eligible for nomination. The following faculty have previously received this honor and are ineligible for nomination: Esther Kennedy (MEd), Kathleen Norris (CAGS/EdD), Leo Sandy, (MEd/CAGS), Bonnie Bechard (MBA), Gail Mears (MEd/CAGS), Marcel Lebrun (MEd), Gary Goodnough (MEd/CAGS), Meg Petersen (MEd), William Benoit (MBA), Marianne True (MEd/CAGS), Colleen Brickley (MBA), Michael Fischler (MEd), Duncan McDougall (MBA), Julie Bernier (MEd), Warren Mason (MBA), Mary McNeil (CAGS), David Kent (MBA), and L. Michael Couvillion (MBA).
Your reasons for nominating should include some or all of the following criteria:
- Enthusiasm in undertaking teaching and promoting learning
- Significant command of subject matter and exploitation of recent developments in the field
- Keen and sympathetic participation in the guidance and advising of students and in understanding and providing resources for their needs
- Responsiveness to colleague and student feedback on teaching
- Ability to organize course material and present it clearly and imaginatively
- Ability to assess student learning and to provide students with worthwhile (and timely) feedback
- Ability to stimulate curiosity and independent learning in all students and creative work in advanced students
- Evidence of innovation in course design and delivery
- Evidence of leadership and innovation in teaching, including the enhancement of teaching quality in colleagues
- Evidence of work to develop and maximize the quality of a program or project
You may elaborate on one or more of these criteria in order to provide definitive justification for the nomination. Please submit your nominations on or before March 26, 2014.
Thank you for taking the time to recognize and honor one of your colleagues. We value our exemplary instructors and are happy and proud to have the opportunity to publicly celebrate their excellence. Please complete the online nomination form or e-mail your nomination letter to Ellanna Tallent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interim Associate Vice President
for the College of Graduate Studies