1. Campus Recreation Facilities
- PSU Recreational Services – Information on fitness facilities on campus, hours of operation, group exercise classes and personal training.
- P.E. Center – For more information about pool hours & purchasing fitness passes, call 603-535-2770
- PSU Outdoor Center – Information about renting equipment such as snowshoes, skis, paddling and camping gear.
2. Campus Physical Activity Programs
- PSU Walks – If your department is interested in having one of our staff members come to your office to provide an informal workshop over a brown bag lunch, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Free pedometers will be distributed along with educational information on local walking routes, how to set walking goals and increase daily steps, and how to take advantage of Harvard Pilgrim’s Wellness Connection Program (who provides gift cards to employees for every 30 days of recording your physical activity). Employees are reporting that our workshops have been really beneficial and motivating in aiding employees to take small strides towards increasing daily physical activity!
- Faculty/Staff Fitness Program – Every spring seniors from the PE: Applied Health Fitness and Health Education & Promotion programs, under the supervision of Barbara McCahan, run a program to assist faculty/staff in both personal training and group exercise. Look for announcements on how to join this exciting program annually at the beginning of the spring semester.
- Summer Fitness Classes – The summer of 2013 was the first time we were able to offer noon time exercise classes (zumba and yoga) for faculty/staff at the HUB Fitness Center. The classes were very popular and well-attended and we will try to hold these again in the summers to follow.
3. Community Recreation Facilities
- The Ninth State – 24-hr. fitness facility located off of Tenney Mountain Highway in Plymouth
- Blissful Lotus Yoga – Yoga Studio on Main Street in downtown Plymouth
4. Campus & Community Walking/Jogging Maps & Routes:
5. Take advantage of all that our community has to offer: