Having difficulty finding money for books? The student board of the Student Support Foundation offers these suggestions.
- Check to see if any of the books you need are in the library. If the book is an older edition, check with the professor to see that it is still acceptable.
- Borrow books from friends who have taken the courses recently.
- Share a book with a classmate.
- Talk to your professors about your dilemma. You might be able to borrow an extra copy or an acceptable, older edition from him/her.
If these are no longer options, consider applying for a Textbook Grant from the Student Support Foundation. Follow these simple steps to apply:
- Locate used copies of the books. Check with the professor to make sure the edition is acceptable.
- Research the cost of books from these sources:
- Complete the Textbook Grant form provided here by the Student Support Foundation.
Notes about online sites:
- Get your book list from the web site for the PSU bookstore.
- Include shipping and handling costs when figuring the cost of books.
- Allow a few weeks to receive the books.
- The Student Support Foundation does not endorse any of the online booksellers listed. They are provided simply as suggestions.