Having difficulty finding money for food? The student board of the Student Support Foundation offers these solutions:
If you are in need of food, you can go to the SSF Food Pantry, located on the back side of Prospect Dining Hall (the little garage across from Hyde Hall) during the hours of operation.
Pantry hours are as follows:
Monday: 9 a.m. to Noon and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesday: 12 p.m. to 2:50 p.m.
Wednesday: 9 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday: 11 a.m. to Noon and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The food pantry will be closed during finals week. If you need to schedule an appointment to pick up food, please email Ryan Donathan at email@example.com or Megan O’Gara at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please email SSF staff at email@example.com if you have an emergency need outside of regular pantry hours.
Rules for Using the SSF Pantry
- The Pantry is available to undergraduate and graduate students currently enrolled at Plymouth State University, who have no money for food. This service is confidential.
- The first time you use the pantry in a semester, you will need to provide a hard-copy of your Enrollment Verification for that semester. To obtain it, log into MyPlymouth, click the Service tab, and in the Self-Service box, click Enrollment Verification.
- Each time you use the pantry, you will need to show your student ID.
- You can use the pantry twice a calendar month, up to four times a semester. Each time, you will receive approximately a week’s worth of food. The pantry also stocks toiletries.
- If you are utilizing your local town or church food pantry, you should continue to utilize those resources. The Student Support Foundation is not to be used as a substitute or supplement when utilizing other resources.
Donating to the SSF Pantry
For details about donating to the SSF Pantry, go to Donating to the Student Support Foundation.
Other Free Sources of Food
Consider volunteering at these community meals, where you serve people the meal and then eat with them.
- Food for All on Tuesdays, 4:45 p.m. – 6 p.m., in the Booster Club at 99 Main St. in Ashland, next to the ball fields.
- Meals for Many on Thursdays, 4:45 p.m. – 6 p.m., in the basement of the Plymouth Congregational Church on Main St. in Plymouth.
You do not have to sign up to serve at either of these meals. We encourage you volunteer beginning at 4:45 p.m. on the day listed and say that you would like to help.