The annual fall Faculty Dance Concert at Plymouth State College will feature works by faculty and guest choreographers, Friday, September 14 at 8 p.m. at the Silver Cultural Arts Center.
This year’s performance includes works by Gary Flannery, director of the Littleton Arts Center; PSC graduate Kelly Cote, Avery E. Lee, choreographer and instructor at The Dance Studio, Waterford, Conn.; Carole Ann Morrison, director of Ballet Plymouth Studios; Donna Russo, graduate student at Smith College, Lisa Travis, dance educator at New Hampton School, and Joan M. Wiegers, PSC artist in residence and artistic director of the Contemporary Dance Ensemble.
The program includes:
- The Game We Play,choreographed by Joan M Wiegers: music by Yo-Yo Ma. Performers: Lisa Travis, Carole Ann Morrison, Avery E. Lee, Donna Russo and Joan M.Wiegers.
- Flytrap,choreographed and danced by Avery E. Lee and Joan M. Wiegers: music by Peter Kubik.
- Fever,choreographed and danced by Avery E. Lee: music by Peggy Lee.
- The Degas’ Who Did Not Make It!Choreographer, Joan M. Wiegers: music from “Amadeus.” Performed by Lois Casale, Lisa Travis, Avery E. Lee and Joan M. Wiegers.
- Lingering,choreographed and danced by Donna Russo. Music by Puccini.
- Work-in-Progress,choreographed and danced by Lisa Travis: live music by Chris Albertson.
- Terminal Hip Theatre,Choreographer, Lisa Travis; Director, Matthew Cheney. Performed by Matthew Cheney, Lisa Travis, Beth Cox and Lenore Cunningham.
- Solowith voice accompaniment, choreographed and danced by Kelly Cote.
- Solo,choreographed and danced by Gary Flannery.
Tickets are $5 general admission at the Silver Cultural Arts Center box office, 535-ARTS. Box office hours are Monday – Friday, noon – 6 p.m. If special arrangements are needed for persons with disabilities, please call in advance.