Educational Theatre Collaborative announcing the Twelfth Annual Integrated Arts Conference.
Saturday, January 27
8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Silver Center for the Arts at Plymouth State University
Network with other teachers interested in integrating the arts into their curriculum.
Explore the arts in the choice of workshops with professional artists and educators.
Enjoy a keynote address and workshops on Beauty and the Beast by renowned children’s literature author and speaker Betsy Hearne.
See the latest TIGER performance.
Be our guest at a fabulous luncheon with other educators and arts professionals.
Attend the award-wining Educational Theatre Collaborative’s latest production of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast.
Earn staff development and/or graduate credit from Plymouth State University.
- 8 a.m. Registration & Refreshments
- 8:30 a.m. Welcome: Dick Ayers, councilor, New Hampshire State Council on the Arts
Keynote Address: “Beauties and Beasts”
Betsy Hearne, professor, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, chair of the 2005 Caldecott Committee, past president
of the International Board on Books for Young People, author of Beauty and the Beast: Visions and Revisions of an Old Tale,
Beauties and Beasts and Choosing Books for Children: A Commonsense Guide
- 9:15 – 10:15 a.m. Workshop Session One
- 10:15 – 10:30 a.m. Break
- 10:30 – 11:15 a.m. TIGER Teen
An original musical performance exploring the difficult issues faced in middle school through wit and wisdom
created from the writings of New Hampshire children in grades 6-8.
- 11:15 – 11:30 a.m. Break
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Workshop Session Two
- 12:45 – 1:30 p.m. Luncheon
Newfound Room, Prospect Dining Hall
During lunch there will be an opportunity for participants to discuss the M.Ed. Integrated Arts Programs, the Arts,
Leadership & Learning strand of the CAGS in Educational Leadership, or Doctoral partnerships available through PSU.
- 2:00 p.m. Beauty and the Beast™
Hanaway Theatre, Silver Center for the Arts
Disney’s classic Broadway production brings to life this tale as old as time for children of all ages.
The workshops will explore themes and ideas found in Beauty and the Beast™ through a variety of art
forms and experiences. Each workshop will be offered in both breakout sessions.
- Tale as Old as Time: Beauties and Beasts through the Ages
- The Bones of Story
- Putting the Kinesthetic into the Curriculum
- Enchanted Puppets
- Bringing Beauty and the Beast into Your Classroom
- Drama Connections: Beauty and the Beast
- A Change in Me: Celebrating the Arts in School
- Systemic Arts, Integration and Learning: SAIL
For more information please see Integrated Arts Conference 2007 brochure (PDF 202kb)
Staff development and graduate credit available!