Right or Rip-Off?
Forum on File Sharing
MPR Room, HUB
October 27, 7:30-8:30
Refreshments served at 7!
The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) filed legal charges against more than 260 college students in September. At issue is the sharing of copyrighted music and movie files on popular peer-to-peer networking programs like KaZaA, Morpheus and Blubster.
- Is this popular practice illegal?
- What are the ethical implications for musicians and artists?
- What are the network implications regarding security and bandwidth consumption?
- Are there legitimate ways to download music?
- What should we at PSU be doing to address this issue?
- What do YOU think?
Voice your opinion, watch a panel of students debate the issue, learn about what the hype is all about.