Dear Graduate Students:
Once again, the time has come to submit nominations for the Distinguished Graduate Teaching Award. Two recipients will receive awards for excellence in teaching, one for the MBA program and one for the M.Ed./CAGS programs.
Individuals nominated must be current members of the Plymouth State University graduate faculty. Current faculty who have received this award in past years, therefore making them ineligible to be nominated again, are:
2005 – Marianne True (M.Ed & CAGS), Colleen Brickley (MBA)
2004 – Michael Fischler (M.Ed), Duncan McDougall (MBA)
2003 – Julie Bernier (M.Ed.), Warren Mason (MBA)
2001 – Mary McNeil (CAGS), David Kent (MBA)
2000 – Dennise Maslakowski (M.Ed.) and L. Michael Couvillion (MBA)
Your reasons for nominating should include the following criteria:
- Enthusiasm in undertaking teaching and promoting learning
- Significant command of subject matter and exploitation of recent developments in the field
- Keen and sympathetic participation in the guidance and advising of students and in understanding and providing resources for their needs
- Responsiveness to colleague and student feedback on teaching
- Ability to organize course material and present it clearly and imaginatively
- Ability to assess student learning and to provide students with worthwhile (and timely) feedback
- Ability to stimulate curiosity and independent learning in all students and creative work in advance students
- Evidence of innovation in course design and delivery
- Evidence of leadership and innovation in teaching, including the enhancement of teaching quality in colleagues
- Involvement of a range of people to develop and maximize the quality of the project or program.
You may elaborate on one or more of these criteria in order to provide definitive justification for the nomination.
Thank you for taking the time to recognize and honor one of your colleagues/teachers. PSU values its exemplary teachers and is happy and proud to have the opportunity to publicly celebrate their excellence as a community.
Please return the nomination form to the College of Graduate Studies – MSC 11 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, April 15, 2006.
Dennise M. Maslakowski, Ed.D.
Associate Vice President
College of Graduate Studies