The Michael L. Fischler Counseling Center offers substance abuse education and counseling free of charge to any full-time student that seeks this service.
All first-year students are encouraged to complete two online courses; Alcohol Wise and Consent and Respect, prior to their arrival on campus.
Students found responsible for a violation of the University’s alcohol, marijuana, or other drug policies are sanctioned to appropriately corresponding alcohol, marijuana, or other drug educational courses. The following is a list of courses that are currently available:
- Under the Influence: an online course offered by 3rd Millennium Classrooms
- Marijuana 101: an online course offered by 3rd Millennium Classrooms
- OCTAA: an in-person, 12-hour alcohol course, utilizing the Prime For Life curriculum
- Marijuana Life Choices: an in-person, three-hour course with a licensed alcohol and drug counselor
- Alcohol or Other Drug (AOD) Assessment: an assessment with a licensed alcohol and drug counselor
Additional community resources can be found on the Michael L. Fischler Counseling Center web site.