Congratulations to Our Student Employees of the Year!
- 2006-2007 – Adam Spaulding, Athletic Department
- 2007-2008 – Sean Robinson
- 2008-2009 – Matt Bedard – ITS
- 2009-2010 – Annie Gagne and Jill Carroll
- 2010-2011 – Brett Lucas
- 2011-2012 – Kristen DiMatteo
- 2012-2013 – Matthew Allen, Outdoor Center
- 2013-2014 – Kevin Lupo, Atmospheric Science & Chemistry
- 2014-2015 – Sarah Ray, Research & Engagement
What is the Student Employee of the Year?
As part of National Student Employment Week, Plymouth State University chooses a Student Employee of the Year. Plymouth State University’s Student Employee of the Year nominees will receive institutional recognition, and, if selected, have the opportunity to receive district, regional, and national recognition.
The contest is sponsored by the PSU’s Student Employee Of The Year Committee in conjunction with the Northeast Association Of Student Employment Administrators (NEASEA) and the National Student Employment Association’s (NSEA) National Student Employment Recognition programs.
Who is Eligible?
All student employees who are employed on campus are eligible. Students must have been employed for a minimum of 3 months full-time (20 hrs/week) or 6 months part-time (9-15 hrs/week) during the year. This is equivalent to 240 working hours during the year period.
Who can nominate?
Nominations are open to all departments and supervisors who employ at least 1 qualifying student. Nominations are limited to 1 per department except in departments that employ more than 15 students. These departments may submit 1 nomination per group of 15.
What are the Selection Criteria?
Students are evaluated on the following, equally-weighted qualities:
• The nominee’s greatest attributes, as they relate to the job.
• How the nominee has gone above and beyond the standard work expectations.
• The quality of the nominee’s work and work style.
• The nominee’s leadership skills, initiative, and motivation.
• The impact the nominee has had on your department, campus, and community.
• The qualities of the nominee that set him/her apart from other student employees.
How is the Student Employee of the Year recognized?
All nominees receive a certificate of recognition and are honored at a reception during National Student Employment Week, During this reception, the Plymouth State University’s Student Employee of the Year will be announced. PSU’s Student Employee of the Year receives a plaque recognizing his/her accomplishment along with a small gift. In addition, the Student Employee of the Year winner is forwarded for consideration at regional and possibly national levels.
2013-2014 nomination forms will be available January 2014.