Plymouth State University recycles surplus technology equipment back into the community. This is used equipment that is sold as is with no technical support. PSU does not guarantee surplus equipment. The equipment cannot be exchanged or returned. Surplus equipment cannot be purchased with University funds.
PSU will establish an asking price, as determined by previous surplus property sales. These prices are posted on the University Surplus website.
All technology equipment, including computers and laptops will be sold on a first come first served basis.
Computers will have all software and files removed from the hard drive before being sold. This protects the University from violation of site licenses, and helps the University comply with many state and federal regulations regarding privacy and confidential information. Only the operating system that originally came with the computer will be provided. (i.e., Windows XP, VISTA, MAC OS, etc.)
Warranty on Surplus Equipment
Once surplus technology equipment is determined feasible for re-sale, it will is sold as is, with no warranties of any kind, express or implied, attached to the item. All sales are final with no returns or refunds allowed.
- Networking equipment will have no guarantee once it leaves the surplus area.
- Multimedia equipment will have no guarantee once it leaves the surplus area. Customers may turn it on for evaluation.
- Computers sold through the surplus program undergo a quality control check and will have a one business day guarantee.
- Donated computers will have no guarantee other than having all components installed.
- Printers – Laser printers – one day / 20 print page count warranty
- All other peripherals – no warranty
Please see out Frequently Asked Questions page for more information about the ITS Surplus Program.