Below is the purchasing process currently in effect for all university technology purchases using PSU or Grant monies. For student or personal technology purchases, please visit the Personal Computer Purchases page.
If you have questions, or are not sure, please do not hesitate to call us at x 5-2929 – We are here to help!
1. MFD Supplies including paper, toner and staples can be ordered using the online MFD Order Form found here.
2. If you are purchasing any of the following items you must email your purchase request to email@example.com
- All Software regardless of the price
- All Desktop and Laptop Computers
- Network enabled tablets or other devices (iPads, Chrome-books, Nexus, Apple TV, etc.)
- External Hard Drives
- Computer Monitors
- Scanners or Printers*
- Computer docking stations
- Any video conferencing equipment (regardless of cost)
- Flat panel TVs
- Camcorders of any sort
- Cameras which cost more than $250
- All other devices which may be connected to the University wired or wireless network; or other devices which transmit or communicate wirelessly.
3. If you are purchasing the items listed below, AND that item costs less than $250, you may use your p-card to make the purchase. Please keep in mind that GovConnection offers free shipping on any order. If you are not currently authorized to be on the free shipping list at GovConnection, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on that list. If you choose not to order from GovConnection, shipping will be considered in your overall purchase cost.
- Powerpoint Clickers
- USB keys
- Digital Cameras
- Keyboards and Mice
- Toner cartridges for department owned printers other than MFD’s.
If you have questions about what types of technology items maybe purchased using your p-card, please call the finance office before you place your order.
*Printers and Scanners: University policy discourages the purchase of personal Printers and Scanners in favor of the Multi-Function Devices (MFD) located across the campus. At PSU we strive to be as environmentally friendly and cost efficient as possible. The life cycle, waste and expensive cost per print on these personal devices, particularly printers, goes against the University’s commitment to environmental sustainability. All requests for printer purchases will be reviewed by the print management team in ITS for need, functionality and effectiveness before the order is processed.