A departmental administrator of effort certification is responsible for:
- Understanding his or her responsibilities per the Effort Certification
- Training and supporting employees on the implementation of the Effort
- Ensuring committed effort on sponsored agreements is approved into the
fiscal year salary distributions.
- Ensuring approvers of bi-weekly hours have suitable means of
verification where appropriate.
- Ensuring salary distribution changes and wage transfers are processed
in a timely manner and in accordance with University policies.
- Ensuring that effort certification reports are reviewed, revised (if
needed) and certified within the University’s time line.