PIs on sponsored agreements are responsible for:
- Understanding their responsibilities under the Effort Certification
- Supporting employees charged to their sponsored agreements on the
implementation of this process.
- Managing the committed effort expectations made in their sponsored
agreements to ensure compliance with the sponsor’s requirements.
- Ensuring that all effort and related salary/wage charges on each of
their sponsored agreements are reasonable in relation to work performed
and ensuring there is a suitable means of verification where appropriate.
- Ensuring that effort certification reports are reviewed, revised (if
needed) and certified within the University’s time line.