Some external funders and fellowship programs allow only one submittal per institution per year. Therefore, it is incumbent upon each institution to resolve its own internal nomination policy, especially when more than one faculty member (RAC) or student (SRAC) wishes to apply.
The Vice Provost for Research & Engagement is the designated nominator for PSU’s external limited submission programs, and the person in that position is required to make nominations as needed using the following procedure:
1) All proposals for external limited submission programs come to the Vice Provost for Research & Engagement/Office of Sponsored Programs (Must be received 4 weeks prior to funder deadline).
*OSP requires all participants to submit a pre-proposal including:
- introduction, statement of work, expected outcomes, key personnel, etc. (two page max)
- a rough budget (estimated salary, fringe, tuition, equipment, supplies, indirect costs, etc.)
- a recent CV
- any cost sharing requirements and/or leverage opportunities
2) Vice Provost for Research & Engagement/OSP crafts an evaluation rubric based on guidelines in the RFP.
5) Vice Provost for Research & Engagement sends nomination to funder.