Congratulations!! You have reached your senior year and are nearing completion of your college degree. Review the following information to be sure you are ready to graduate.
To graduate with a Plymouth State University degree, you must have the following requirements fulfilled:
- Complete all course requirements as outlined in the University Catalog for your program, including major courses, minor courses (if applicable), and general education coursework.
- Be sure you have met the total number of credits required for your degree program. The minimum number of credits to graduate is 120; however, some programs have a higher credit requirement.
- Be sure you have met the major average, discipline average (if applicable), minor average (if applicable), and cumulative grade point average for your degree program. Every major, discipline, and minor requires a minimum 2.00 average, but some require a higher average.
- Be sure you have filed all appropriate paperwork.
- Are you completing a major and/or option in your major, but not filed the Academic Major and/or Option Declaration or Change form?
- Is the Academic Catalog you are following the one in which you are actually declared? For instance, are you listed with the Registrar’s Office as following the 2012-2013 Catalog, but actually following the 2013-2014 Catalog? If so, submit a Request to Change Catalog form to the Registrar’s Office in Speare Building.
- Are you completing an academic minor, but not filed the Academic Minor form?
- Did you file an Academic Minor form, but now are not going to complete the minor? If this is the case, submit a Request to Remove An Academic Minor or Option form with the Registrar’s Office in Speare Building.
- If you are substituting a different course for a course required in your major or minor, have you filed a Student Request form?
- Have you taken a course at another institution, but haven’t filled out a Transfer Credit Approval form, or had an official transcript sent to Plymouth so the course appears on your Plymouth State University transcript?
- Be sure to take care of any financial obligations. Do you have an outstanding library book or fine? Do you have any unpaid parking tickets?
- File your Undergraduate Degree Request & Commencement Participation Notification by November 30 if you will be completing your degree in May or Summer; or September 30 if you will be completing your degree in December.
If you are a current degree-seeking student and have earned a minimum of 90 credits by October 1 of the year preceding the Commencement Ceremony, you are automatically eligible to walk, and will be notified of such. You will receive directions on how to file for commencement participation during the fall semester.
If you do not meet the minimum requirements to walk, you must first meet with the Center for Student Success to complete your detailed plan for finishing your degree requirements. You must submit the plan, which shows completion no later than the fall semester following the commencement ceremony, to the academic advocate and student policy advisor. If your request is approved, you will be notified. You will then need to file a Degree Request and Commencement Participation form.