This award is presented to a PSU faculty member who has taught at PSU for at least 5 years. The following previous recipients are ineligible: Irene Cucina, Kathleen Arecchi, Christian Bisson, Mark Fischler, and Roger Blake.
Click Here to view a full list of previous award recipients.
Nominations must be submitted electronically by 5pm on Friday, February 20, 2015 using this link:
You may nominate any eligible undergraduate faculty member, while considering the following criteria:
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of subject
- Exhibit good organization and presentation skills
- Stimulate student thinking and understanding
- Arouse students’ interest in learning
- Demonstrate resourcefulness in teaching
- Respect and value students as individuals
- Create a safe classroom environment in which all students feel valued
- Promote and model respect for critical thinking
- Provide a variety of instructional strategies to promote a challenging learning environment
- Display passion for teaching
- Provide motivation and inspiration for students to achieve at their highest abilities inside and outside of the classroom.
Questions may be directed to Alice O’Connor, 535-2091 or email@example.com
The Distinguished Teaching Awards are presented annually at the faculty meeting in May.
We value our exemplary faculty and are happy and proud to have the opportunity to publicly celebrate their excellence.