This award is presented annually to a PSU teaching lecturer who has taught at PSU for at least 5 years. The following previous recipients are ineligible: Janis Bass, Lisa Travis, and Annie Hager.
Nominations must be submitted electronically by 5pm on Friday, February 20, 2015 using this link:
You may nominate any eligible undergraduate teaching lecturer, while considering the following criteria:
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of subject
- Exhibit good organization and presentation skills
- Stimulate student thinking and understanding
- Arouse students’ interest in learning
- Demonstrate resourcefulness in teaching
- Respect and value students as individuals
- Create a safe classroom environment in which all students feel valued
- Promote and model respect for critical thinking
- Provide a variety of instructional strategies to promote a challenging learning environment
- Display passion for teaching
- Provide motivation and inspiration for students to achieve at their highest abilities inside and outside of the classroom.
Questions may be directed to Alice O’Connor, 535-2091 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Distinguished Teaching Awards are presented annually at Commencement.
We value our exemplary teaching lecturers and are happy and proud to have the opportunity to publicly celebrate their excellence.