What is a transfer student?
Any student who has ever been enrolled at any post-secondary school after completing high school or receiving their GED (even if you took one course or did not complete a semester) is considered a transfer student.
To see how your credits will transfer to PSU, visit out transfer database. For additional questions on your transcript evaluation and how your credits apply to your degree please email email@example.com
Contact Your Admissions Counselor
Call/Text: (603) 605-8733
Mike works with transfer students who are New Hampshire residents.
Call/Text: (603) 932-6056
Karen works with transfer students who are not New Hampshire residents.
- A completed application, either the PSU Panther Application or the Common Application (fee required) and an essay. Additionally, for students transferring from a CCSNH school, we accepted the NH Transfer Connections Application which is free and requires no essay.
- Official copy of high school transcript or GED/HiSET scores. This requirement can be waived if an associates degree or higher has been earned
- Official copies of all college transcripts, including grades from most recent semester completed, and cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 2.0 based on a 4.0 scale on the final transcript from the institution you are currently attending or last attended (required for consideration)
- There are selective requirements for applicants seeking admission to PSU’s Art or Music, Theatre and Dance programs.
- If you are a transfer student considering nursing, please email Karen Johnson.
- International applicants who currently have an F-1 visa, or intend to apply for one, should see our information for International Students.
Any student who has earned an Associate Degree in the last three years from an accredited Community College will be guaranteed admission to Plymouth State University, with the following conditions:
- To apply students must submit the Panther Application, Common Application, or NH Transfer Application.
- Any student who earned their Associate Degree more than three years ago will follow the standard transfer application process.
- Guaranteed admission does not imply guaranteed acceptance into degree programs.
- A review of all Associate and post-Associate transfer credits will take place after the point of admission.
- All transfer credits will be reviewed following Plymouth State University’s standard course evaluation practice unless the student qualifies for an applicable articulation agreement.
The application and all supporting credentials (see application checklist above) must be received by the following dates: Application Deadlines
- Fall Semester: May 1
- Spring Semester: December 1. We are still accepting on a space available basis
- Fall Semester: May 15
- Spring Semester: January 11
Candidates applying after deadlines may receive consideration on a space available basis. The University reserves the right to close admission prior to the above deadlines if enrollment has reached full capacity.
Merit-based scholarships are awarded based upon your GPA at the time of decision and are not adjusted based upon final GPA. Merit scholarships are renewable for up to three additional years, at the awarded amount (for a total of eight full-time fall and spring semesters). Notification of eligibility is included in your acceptance letter. All merit awards are evenly split between fall and spring semesters. A specific cumulative GPA is required annually to renew merit scholarships, as follows: Presidential and Dean’s: 3.0; Aspire: 2.75. Click here to see PSU’s merit-based scholarships!
Participating in the CCSNH & PSU Block Transfer Program allows qualified students to complete an Associate Degree in Liberal Arts at any of the CCSNH colleges and move seamlessly to PSU. PSU will honor at minimum 60 credits earned from an Associate Degree in Liberal Arts as fulfilling PSUs General Education requirements, plus applicable electives, with the possible exception of any course required by the major. This program guarantees qualified students entry to PSU via any of the CCSNH colleges. FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT Mike Wilus Assistant Director of Transfer Admissions firstname.lastname@example.org Call/Text (603) 605-8733
Our 2+2 Agreements are designed for students with Associates degrees from specific institutions who transfer into specific Bachelors degree programs at Plymouth State University.
- Plymouth State University offers official transfer credit evaluation to all accepted students.
- PSU guarantees on-campus housing to all undergraduate students who would like to live on campus. Please visit our Residential Life page for more information on housing.
- To view the academic calendar, academic catalog, and for general registration information, visit the Registrar page here.
- Learn more about Financial Aid and Student Account Services.