Transfer Students

Plymouth State University is closely monitoring the current novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and University leaders are in constant communication with government and public health agencies on a global scale to learn from and closely follow their recommendations.

If you have any questions please reach out to the admissions office at (603) 535-2237 or

What is a transfer student?
Any student who has ever been enrolled at any post-secondary school after completing high school or receiving their GED (even if you took one course or did not complete a semester) is considered a transfer student.

To see how your credits will transfer to PSU, visit our transfer database. For additional questions on your transcript evaluation and how your credits apply to your degree please email

Contact Your Admissions Counselor
Michael Wilus
Assistant Director
Call/Text: (603) 605-8733
Mike works with transfer students who are New Hampshire residents.

Karen Johnson
Assistant Director
Call/Text: (603) 932-6056
Karen works with transfer students who are not New Hampshire residents.

Transfer Application Requirements

  • A completed application, either the PSU Panther Application or the Common Application (fee required) and an essay. Additionally, for students transferring from a CCSNH school, we accepted the NH Transfer Connections Application which is free and requires no essay.
  • Official copy of high school transcript or GED/HiSET scores. This requirement can be waived if an associates degree or higher has been earned
  • Official copies of all college transcripts, including grades from most recent semester completed, and cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 2.0 based on a 4.0 scale on the final transcript from the institution you are currently attending or last attended (required for consideration)

Additional Requirements:

  • There are selective requirements for applicants seeking admission to PSU’s Music, Theatre and Dance programs.
  • If you are a transfer student considering Art programs, please email Debra Stalnaker,
  • If you are a transfer student considering nursing, please email Karen Johnson,
  • International applicants who currently have an F-1 visa, or intend to apply for one, should see our information for International Students.


Guaranteed Admission For Associate Degree Earners

Any student who has earned an Associate Degree in the last three years from an accredited Community College will be guaranteed admission to Plymouth State University, with the following conditions:

  1. To apply students must submit the Panther Application, Common Application, or NH Transfer Application.
  2. Any student who earned their Associate Degree more than three years ago will follow the standard transfer application process.
  3. Guaranteed admission does not imply guaranteed acceptance into degree programs.
  4. A review of all Associate and post-Associate transfer credits will take place after the point of admission.
  5. All transfer credits will be reviewed following Plymouth State University’s standard course evaluation practice unless the student qualifies for an applicable articulation agreement.

Admissions Deadlines

The application and all supporting credentials (see application checklist above) must be received by the following dates: Application Deadlines

  • Fall Semester: May 1
  • Spring Semester: December 1 – still accepted on a space-available basis!

Deposit Deadlines

  • Fall Semester: May 15
  • Spring Semester: January 11

Candidates applying after deadlines may receive consideration on a space-available basis. The University reserves the right to close admission prior to the above deadlines if enrollment has reached full capacity.

Merit-Based Scholarship

Merit-based scholarships are awarded based upon your GPA at the time of decision and are not adjusted based upon final GPA. Merit scholarships are renewable for up to three additional years, at the awarded amount (for a total of eight full-time fall and spring semesters). Notification of eligibility is included in your acceptance letter. All merit awards are evenly split between fall and spring semesters. A specific cumulative GPA is required annually to renew merit scholarships, as follows: Presidential and Dean’s: 3.0; Aspire: 2.75. Click here to see PSU’s merit-based scholarships!

CCSNH & PSU Block Transfer Agreement

Participating in the CCSNH & PSU Block Transfer Program allows qualified students to complete an Associate Degree in Liberal Arts at any of the CCSNH colleges and move seamlessly to PSU. PSU will honor at minimum 60 credits earned from an Associate Degree in Liberal Arts as fulfilling PSUs General Education requirements, plus applicable electives, with the possible exception of any course required by the major. This program guarantees qualified students entry to PSU via any of the CCSNH colleges. FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT Mike Wilus Assistant Director of Transfer Admissions Call/Text (603) 605-8733

Transfer Agreements

Our 2+2 Agreements are designed for students with Associates degrees from specific institutions who transfer into specific Bachelors degree programs at Plymouth State University.

Previous Agreements
International Agreements
Transfer Equivalency
To see how your credits will transfer to PSU, visit out transfer database. For additional questions on your transcript evaluation and how your credits apply to your degree please email

Transferring Credits

Credit Transfer Policies
  • PSU will allow transfer credit from regionally-accredited degree-granting institutions for courses that are graded C or above or its equivalent (a grade of P in a Pass/No Pass course).
    • Only credits are transferable from another institution, not grades. Grades from another institution will not appear on PSU transcripts nor will they be included in students’ GPAs. Exception: translocated courses, e.g. PSU course taught through Granite State College (GSC) within the University System of New Hampshire (USNH). Transferred translocated courses are included on the PSU transcript and treated as non-transferred courses. Grades earned in translocated courses are averaged into students’ PSU GPA, regardless of grade.
    • Courses deemed developmental/remedial or vocational by either PSU or the transfer institution are not transferable.
    • No academic credit is given for life experience or work experience.
    • A grade of C- or CD is not equivalent to a C.
    • For Plymouth State’s complete transfer credit policy, please review page 58–59 of the catalog.
  • If you received credit for a PSU course, you may not repeat an equivalent course credit at another institution. Only if you failed a PSU course may you repeat the course’s equivalent elsewhere.
  • A maximum of 90 transferred credits will be applied toward a PSU baccalaureate degree.
  • Cumulative GPAs for students entering PSU with transfer credits are established by PSU grades only. Transfer students are subject to the academic standards for satisfactory performance.
  • If you take a course at PSU for which you already have received equivalent transfer credit, your PSU enrollment will be changed to audit, and you will be notified; you may request to drop PSU course.
  • Courses from two-year institutions transfer to PSU as lower-level. Only if equivalency to an upper-level PSU course can be demonstrated through evaluation of course syllabi, sample texts and other documents by the appropriate PSU Department Chair, may courses transfer as upper-level.

Transfer Credit Procedure
Check the Transfer Credit Database to determine if transfer course already has a PSU equivalency.

  • The Transfer Credit Database may display previous equivalency information, in addition to the most recent. Additionally, it does not reflect every possible course from a transfer institution but rather courses previously reviewed and evaluated.
  • If your course is not listed in the database, email or contact the admissions office at (603) 535-2237.
  • Upon acceptance, Plymouth State will perform a full transcript evaluation and will contact you once it is completed. – website contains information about transferring credits between institutions in the University System of New Hampshire (USNH) and the Community College System of New Hampshire (CCSNH). USNH Institutions: Granite State College (GSC); Keene State College (KSC); Plymouth State University (PSU); University of New Hampshire (UNH) CCSNH Institutions: Great Bay Community College (GBCC); Lakes Region Community College (LRCC); Manchester  Community College (MCC); Nashua Community College (NCC); NHTI, Concord’s Community College (NHTI); River Valley Community College (RVCC); White Mountains Community College (WMCC)

Degree Planning
We have degree planners to help map out your future courses and to discuss how your previous college-coursework will work into your program at PSU. For questions, email or contact the admissions office at (603) 535-2237.

Additional Information

  • Plymouth State University offers official transfer credit evaluation to all accepted students.
  • PSU guarantees on-campus housing to all undergraduate students who would like to live on campus. Please visit our Residential Life page for more information on housing.
  • To view the academic calendar, academic catalog, and for general registration information, visit the Registrar page here.
  • Learn more about Financial Aid and Student Account Services.