Equipment List for Wilderness First Aid / WFR Recertification* Participants
You should plan to wear or have with you clothing that will be appropriate to the season and location where you will be taking your course. Weather permitting, we will be spending a significant portion of the class time out-of-doors. If you have questions regarding the usual weather where your course will be held, please contact the sponsor. The following list is to supplement the clothing you will be wearing.
- raingear tops and bottoms
- layers of clothing (so you can take a layer off if you are hot/put one on if you are cold)
- hat – warm, not make of cotton
- mitten or gloves if it will be cold out
- backpack or knapsack to put everything in
- water bottles (1 qt or 1 liter) for drinking water
- foot wear for the environment (close-toed shoes for being outdoors/sandals are OK for inside)
Helpful Items to Bring
- ground cloth or small tarp (6X4 sheet of plastic is fine)
- sleeping pad (ensolite, ridgerest, thermarest)
- bandanas of any kind
* Please Note: If you are a WRF Recert, please notify the sponsoring agency ahead of time. This course will recertify current SOLO, WMA, or WMI/NOLS WRF certifications. You must bring copies of your current WFR and CPR certification cards. There is an additional $15 recertification fee.