Here are a few tips on how to dress to get the most out of your Outdoor Center experience. Most activities take place outdoors. Thus, anticipating the weather and dressing appropriately is your key to comfort since you may encounter sun, rain, shade, or snow.
What To Wear
In hot weather, the formula is simple:
- Shorts / pants, T—shirt
- Closed toed shoes: sneakers / lightweight boots
- Rain gear is absolutely essential if it looks like rain!
The key to cool & cold weather is a combination of the following:
- Layered clothing that includes a turtleneck, sweatshirt, wool sweater, long underwear, wool socks, & jacket lets you adjust what you are wearing as the level of activity & temperatures change throughout the day.
- A hat & gloves. A huge amount of body heat is lost through the head therefore a hat is essential to stay warm.
- Boots or shoes that keep your feet warm & dry. Waterproof boots make all the difference in rain or snow.
- Rain gear is absolutely essential!
- Here’s a cold weather tip: Wool & fleece are superb insulation materials. They will keep you warm even if soaking wet. Cotton becomes absolutely useless when damp, so if you anticipate wet or cold weather, wear wool, fleece socks & sweater.
What to Bring
- Medications: Inhalers, bee sting kits (if allergic to bees), etc….
- Water bottle
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, bug spray