TRIO Eligibility (Code of Federal Regulations, Title 34 – Education, 646.3)
A student is eligible to participate in TRIO Student Support Services if the students meets all of the following requirements:
- Is a citizen or national of the United States or meets the residency requirements for Federal student financial assistance.
- Is enrolled at the grantee institution or accepted for enrollment in the next academic term at that institution.
- Has a need for academic support, as determined by the grantee, in order to pursue successfully a postsecondary educational program.
- Is –
- A low-income individual;
- A first generation college student; or
- An individual with disabilities.