Undergraduate Studies

Undergraduate Studies (UGS) is the office to contact for many academic concerns or needs, including:

    • Academic Bankruptcy — eligible students may request a ‘one-time only‘ credit bankruptcy; must submit a completed Academic Bankruptcy form to UGS.
    • Advisor Changes — students may request to change their academic advisor through Undergraduate Studies or Undergraduate Advising; must have verbal acknowledgement from new advisor.
    • Credit-By-Examination — students may request institutional credit-by-examination by working directly with applicable PSU department Chair for administration of testing; must submit completed Institutional Credit-By-Examination form to UGS.
      Additional forms of credit-by-examination accepted at PSU: Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), and DSST. Student who want to arrange on-campus CLEP or DSST testing should contact Center for Student Success (Mary Lyon 034).
    • Interdisciplinary Studies — students create individualized  majors through PSU’s Interdisciplinary Studies major program.
    • NEBHE Program — qualifying New England students who declare specific majors may receive a discounted tuition rate; program sponsored by New England Board of Higher Education.
    • NHCUC Program — students may participate in this exchange program between institutions within the state of New Hampshire (excluding Dartmouth College); program sponsored by New Hampshire College & University Council.
    • Student Absence Notice — upon notification from a reliable source, Undergraduate Studies issues a notice of student absence to all professors and advisor(s); students are solely responsible for communicating with individual professors, submitting missed coursework, and providing proof of absence if requested.
    • Student Requests — students may request permission for a wide variety ‘exceptions‘; must submit completed Student Request form to UGS.
      • For undergraduate who wants to take graduate course — students who are seniors and have at least a 3.00 cum GPA may request to take up to six credits at the graduate level as an undergraduate but must receive permission from AVPAA (Dr. Zehr) in UGS before being allowed to enroll in any graduate course. Eligibility is contingent on the graduate program desired. Students may request to receive both undergraduate and graduate credit for their graduate coursework.
        Important: Undergrads — first you must submit determine eligibility by meeting with the AVPAA. If eligible, submit completed Student Request form to UGS asking permission to enroll in grad course, then upon request’s approval, registration in grad course will be allowed.
    • Transfer Credit Requests — students may request consideration for transferring credit to PSU for coursework earned at other eligible institutions; must submit completed Transfer Credit Request form to UGS.
    • Travel Scholarship Info — specifically for undergraduate students, students can apply for the Barbara Willey Travel Scholarship which provides funds for travel while participating in credit-bearing, international, academic experiences.