Academic Bankruptcy

An undergraduate student who is seeking readmission to the University may choose to have all Plymouth State University course work that is at least seven academic years old be exempt from the calculation of the grade point average. In choosing this option, such a student would receive credit for courses in which a grade of C or better was earned; the grades for such courses, however, would not be included in the computation of the grade point average. The grades for these courses will be removed, changed to XC and marked “I” (Include). All grades less than C will remain on the transcript and will be marked “E” (Exclude). The declaration of Academic Bankruptcy must be made to the Registrar’s Office at the time of re enrollment and can be claimed no more than once in a student’s career at the University.

Academic Bankruptcy Form (pdf)