Please read these important PSU transfer credit policies.
Students who are entering PSU through Admissions should not submit Transfer Credit Approval Forms for transfer credit because their transfer credit is reviewed as part of their admissions process.
All other established PSU undergraduate students, please follow the steps outlined below to transfer credit to PSU from another institution.
- Step 1: check the Transfer Credit Database to determine if transfer course already has a PSU equivalency.
- If your course is not listed in the database, attach a catalog course description to your Transfer Credit Approval form when submitting it to UGS for review and approval.
(Database does not reflect every possible course from a transfer institution but rather courses previously reviewed and evaluated).
- Step 2: complete one Transfer Credit Approval Form for each transfer course that you want considered for PSU credit and submit completed forms to UGS for approval.
- Forms should be submitted prior to taking any transfer course and completed forms have all shaded areas filled-in and catalog course descriptions attached if required.
- Only transfer courses graded ‘C’ or better are acceptable for transfer credit.
- Applicability of transfer credits to a student’s major is determined by the department sponsoring the major.
- Students are responsible for arranging delivery of ‘official’ transcripts to UGS, so please request that the transfer institution send your official transcript directly to:
PSU Undergraduate Studies, MSC 8, 17 High Street, Plymouth, NH 03264
(Hand-delivered transcripts that arrive opened are deemed ‘unofficial’).
2+2 Agreements – link showing 2+2 agreements PSU has with other institutions.
Transfer Agreements – link showing transfer agreements PSU has with other institutions.
NHTransfer.org – web site contains information about transferring credits between institutions in the University System of New Hampshire (USNH) and the Community College System of New Hampshire (CCSNH).
Granite State College (GSC); Keene State College (KSC); Plymouth State University (PSU); University of New Hampshire (UNH)
Great Bay Community College (GBCC); Lakes Region Community College (LRCC); Manchester Community College (MCC); Nashua Community College (NCC); NHTI, Concord’s Community College (NHTI); River Valley Community College (RVCC); White Mountains Community College (WMCC)