July 23rd, 2014 by Jo-Ann
All personal computers that connect to the campus network must be registered in order to access the Internet. So, if you are new to campus, or if you will be bringing a new un-registered computer to campus for the first time, you should pre-register your device before you arrive. This way you can hop right on PSU Wireless as soon as you arrive.
Pre-registration begins August 1, 2014 and is available on-line at: go.plymouth.edu/resnet
Watch the Video: How to Pre-register Your Computer for PSU Wireless
Got Questions? Call the Help Desk!
Information Technology Services
Phone: (603) 535-2929
Chat on-line: Chat with ITS
Search our How-To Knowledgebase at: http://go.plymouth.edu/support
Visit in person at the main Information Desk in Lamson Library
Submit a Support Ticket or check the Status of an Existing Request (requires authentication
June 16th, 2014 by Jo-Ann
The ITS Help Desk located in the Lamson Learning Commons is looking for students to work as members of our Support Team. Our student staff provides technology support for the entire PSU community; including Faculty, staff and students.
Comfort and familiarly with Windows 7 & 8, Mac OSX .8 and .9 (Mountain Lion and Mavericks); mapping printers and network drives, the MS Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel) and mobile devices is necessary.
While experience with technology is desired, if you are highly motivated, have a strong desire to learn and GREAT people skills we are willing to provide training. Must be willing to work a variety of shifts, including some nights and weekends, as we are open 7 days a week.
Our student staff moves back to campus 3 or 4 days early for training. If you are interested in joining our team, please fill out the on-line application at: http://www.plymouth.edu/office/information-technology/work-for-us/
We will begin interviewing in early July. Got Questions? Call us at 603-535-2929.
June 2nd, 2014 by Jo-Ann
Between June 1 and June 16, Information Technology Services welcomes the class of 2018 to campus for Orientation. We know it is a busy time of year and our incoming students are provided with A LOT of information about the campus. As a reminder, the bullets below represent the highlights of the technology information provided to students and their families:
- The ITS Help Desk staff are available by phone, in-person (at Lamson Library), e-mail and live chat to assist you with any technology related questions, concerns, or advice. The Help Desk is staffed 7-days a week with early morning and late evening hours.
- The PSU Wireless network is available across the entire campus – including Residential Halls, Academic buildings, Athletic fields, Lamson Library, the Hartman Union Building and Prospect Dining Hall.
- Computers must be registered in order to connect to PSU Wireless. Pre-registration begins August 1, 2014 and is available on-line. For more information visit: go.plymouth.edu/resnet
- Cable TV connections in the dorms require a coax cable. Personal network routers and access points are not permitted on the PSU wired or wireless networks.
- Get tech answers at go.plymouth.edu/techtips – Tech Tips is an online knowledge base which allows users to read, share, and comment on information articles.
- All students have access to 500 MB of personal network storage (enabling you to store and access files from any computer, anywhere), visit Tech Tips for more information.
- Students are issued $40 of printing privileges in two $20 installments (July 1 & Jan 1), which is equivalent to 800 b/w pages annually. Students may purchase additional privileges if needed. Visit Tech Tipsfor more information.
- Discounts on Dell and Apple Computers, as well as educational pricing on software is available to all PSU students. Visit go.plymouth.edu/computersales for more information.
Got Questions? We are around all summer and happy to answer your questions. Call us at 603-535-2929 or send us an email at email@example.com.