Between June 2 and June 17, Information Technology Services welcomes the class of 2017 to campus for Orientation. We know it is a busy time of year and our incoming students are provided with A LOT of information about the campus. As a reminder, the bullets below represent the highlights of the technology information provided to students and their families:
- The ITS Help Desk staff are available by phone, in-person (at Lamson Library), e-mail and live chat to assist you with any technology related questions, concerns, or advice. The Help Desk is staffed 7-days a week with early morning and late evening hours.
- The PSU Wireless network is available across the entire campus – including Residential Halls, Academic buildings, Athletic fields, Lamson Library, the Hartman Union Building and Prospect Dining Hall.
- Computers must be registered in order to connect to PSU Wireless. Pre-registration begins August 1, 2012and is available on-line. For more information visit: go.plymouth.edu/resnet
- Cable TV connections in the dorms require a coax cable. Personal network routers and access points are not permitted on the PSU wired or wireless networks.
- Get tech answers at go.plymouth.edu/techtips – Tech Tips is an online knowledge base which allows users to read, share, and comment on information articles.
- All students have access to 500 MB of personal network storage (enabling you to store and access files from any computer, anywhere), visit Tech Tips for more information.
- Students are issued $40 of printing privileges in two $20 installments (July 1 & Jan 1), which is equivalent to 800 b/w pages annually. Students may purchase additional privileges if needed. Visit Tech Tips for more information.
- Discounts on Dell and Apple Computers, as well as educational pricing on software is available to all PSU students. Visit go.plymouth.edu/computersales for more information.
Got Questions? We are around all summer and happy to answer your questions. Call us at 603-535-2929 or send us an email at email@example.com.