Homecoming & Reunion Weekend
Celebrating 150 Years of Plymouth State (1871-2021)
Save the date and make plans to join us. We’ll celebrate reunions for class years ending in 0, 1, 5, 6, cheer the Panthers to victory as they play on our new turf field, and so much more. Make your hotel, VRBO, or AirBnB lodging reservations today.
2021 Schedule of Events
Friday, October 1
- 41st Barbara Dearborn ’60 Golf Classic, Waukewan Golf Club, Center Harbor, NH
Saturday, October 2
- Tailgating at the Athletic Fields, 10a.m. – 1p.m. Read and follow the rules.
- Panther Prowl, Walk for Student Scholarships
- Harvest Festival, food and craft beer garden
- Football vs. Framingham State, 1 p.m. kick-off
- Other Athletics contests, stay tuned!
- Cornhole/Bag Toss tournament, half-time
- Afterglow (Happy Hour), Savage Welcome Center, PSU Ice Arena, following the football game. Cash bar and complimentary snacks.
- Reunion Party and Alumni Night on the Town – meet up at the Ice Arena for photos and prizes, and then head out to your favorite places on Main Street
Sunday, October 3
- An informal day to enjoy the area on your own. We’ll have a guide to:
- Local hikes and bike rides
- Fall foliage drives and motorcycle routes
- Area attractions, like the Polar Caves, Cannon Mtn Tram rides, farm stands, and more.
Below is a look back at Homecoming 2020
- Plymouth State Alumni Association 2020 Alumni Recognition Awards. Congratulations to our 2020 Award Recipients! Follow Plymouth State Alumni on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn to see each recipient highlighted beginning Monday, September 21, 2020.
- Alumni Achievement Award: Joe Gray ’80
- Alumni Achievement Award: Ron Bonneau ’81
- Distinguished Alumni Service Award: Claira Monier ’62
- Faculty/Staff Award of Excellence: Lauren Lavigne ’94, ’96G
- Graduating Senior Award of Excellence: Ashley Hichborn ’20
- Outstanding Graduate Alumni Award: Charles Lloyd ’07G, ’11CAGS
- Recent Alumni Award of Excellence: Colin Murphy ’13
- Green & White Athletic Contests (Intra-squad play). While Athletics continues to explore the possibility of outside competition, the following Green & White games will be broadcast via livestream. Please watch, cheer, and tailgate from home. For safety reasons, campus is only open to current students and employees. Learn more at Athletics.Plymouth.edu.
- Thursday, Sept 24. Volleyball 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, Sept 25, Field Hockey, 4 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept 26, Women’s Soccer, Noon
- Saturday, Sept 26, Men’s Soccer, 3 p.m.
- PSU Art Faculty Virtual Exhibition. Highlighting new and recent work by PSU Art faculty members, this exhibit introduces the campus and community to the innovative explorations going on in faculty studios. The exhibit shines a light on the current and exceptional art being made by PSU Art Faculty members. View the exhibit online, and join the virtual Art Party & Conversation with the Artists on Thursday, September 24, 5-6 p.m. EST
- Dare to Disrupt: Changing the World Through Courage, Community, and Compassion. Thursday, September 24, 6:30 p.m. EST. Five years ago, Women’s Leadership Summit founding members Patti Biederman ’76 and Lauren Lavigne ’94, ’96G attended a talk by philanthropist Carrie Morgridge. This moment inspired the creation of a community dedicated to empowering women at Plymouth State. That spark of inspiration has grown into a movement involving hundreds of students, alumnae, and community members. Join an interactive discussion with these dynamic women as they look back to where it all began, and discuss our ability to change the world through community, courage, and compassion. We will also be taking this opportunity to make a very special announcement. Register for this webinar here.
- Space 2 Place: A Philosopher’s Journey Across America. Opening September 8, 2020. The Space 2 Place Exhibition showcases Dr. Maria Sanders’ Fall 2019 sabbatical from Plymouth State University, during which time she and her 13-year-old son traveled for five months to all fifty states exploring the various ways people intentionally create important places and innovatively repurpose existing structures.
Dr. Sanders’ sabbatical was designed to document examples of people converting spaces to meaningful places in the United States while reflecting in writing the impact such places have on forming individual and cultural identities, fostering resilience and purposeful connections, and encouraging living full and flourishing lives. Dr. Sanders conducted on-site interviews with people who have created or engaged with unique places in the United States, gathering photographic images, audio recordings, and visual filming of natural and synthetically-constructed public and private places resulting in the Exploring US blog, and The Looking Glass television show.
- 40th Annual Barbara Dearborn ’60 Golf Classic. Friday, September 25, 2020. Tee off at 1pm. Waukewan Golf Club, Center Harbor, NH. Learn more about the event and social distancing guidelines here, and click here to sign up! If you’d like to be a sponsor, contact Rodney Ekstrom at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Computer Science and Technology Alumni Event. Friday, September 25, 2:45 p.m. EST.
2:45-3 p.m.: Informal Meet & Greet
3-3:50 p.m.: Alumni Q&A with Confirmed Panelists:
Candace Boris ’18
Lex Cutsavage ’18
Kyle Hancock ’08
Zach Tirrell ’02
4:50 p.m. One-on-one resume advice with alumni
Alumni advice from Eric Perry ’19, Madeleine Gibson ’20, Devon Dickson ’16. Bring a copy of your resume and cover letter to share.
5-6 p.m. – Mingle Time!
Chill out and catch up.
Platform: https://gather.town First link. If lots of people show up, we will try to open up additional rooms. If you’re willing to eat on camera, feel free. After all, it’s dinner time!
For more information, contact Kyle Burke at email@example.com.
- Virtual Alumni Gathering with Todd Angilly ’99, Bruins Anthem Singer. Friday, September 25, 6:30 p.m. EST. Join us virtually at Biederman’s Pub for a cold beverage and good conversation with the official National Anthem singer for the Boston Bruins, Plymouth State alumnus Todd Angilly ’99. Todd will chat with hosts John Scheinman P’19 and Ann Thurston ’80,’00G,’07CAGS about his experience with the Bruins and his time at Plymouth State. Register Here to ask your questions or tune in to the Plymouth State Alumni Facebook page for the live stream.
- Panther Nation Photo Share. Saturday, September 26, 2020. Wear your Green & White, take a selfie with your friends and family while you tailgate at home, go on a hike, or do whatever you do. Post it on social media, and tag us #PlymouthState. Check out the PSU Bookstore Online to update your Gear.
- Spanish Majors and Minors Alumni Virtual Reunion. Sunday, September 27, 2020. 11 a.m. to Noon EST. RSVP with Prof. Wilson Garcia or Prof. Barbara Lopez-Mayhew to receive the Zoom link. Email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Make a gift to support our students in honor of Homecoming
In this year of COVID-19, let’s come together as Panthers to make sure our students continue to have an awesome Plymouth experience. A gift to the Plymouth Opportunity Scholarship Angel Fund goes directly to support a student in need. Visit plymouth.edu/Giving to give to students, or to any area, in any amount. Every gift matters!