Through our philosophy of Ut Prosim (that I may serve) and our Integrated Cluster Model, Plymouth State enables students to connect their academic and extra-curricular interests with real-world projects, global challenges, and diverse cultures while fostering personal growth from their first days on campus until long after graduation as engaged alumni.
Plymouth State University’s Integrated Cluster Model provides our diverse community of students, staff, and faculty an integrated environment in which we take educational risks as we explore new ideas, improve upon the ideas of others, and engage in meaningful work that connects and positively impacts all of New Hampshire, the nation, and the world.
Our values shape the environment in which our campus community members learn, teach, and serve. Our values guide our decision-making, provide clarity in determining priorities, and influence our relationships and behaviors. We value:
- our alumni, heritage, and future as a transformative and highly engaged University with innovative and creative approaches to learning and problem solving;
- service to others, exemplifying our motto, Ut prosim (That I may serve), and working across disciplines where deeper levels of learning and outcomes occur;
- entrepreneurial partnerships that enrich our learning and benefit our region focused on sustainable, environmentally connected work that enhances our sense of place and purpose;
- the rights and dignity of all people;
- diversity, equity, and inclusiveness across our community;
- free speech, diversity of opinion, and the opportunity to learn from one another;
- collective responsibility for the health, safety, and wellbeing of our community;
- accountability for decisions, actions, performance, and conduct.
- continuous improvement in our programs, policies, and practices;
- responsible stewardship of our finite environmental, financial, and human resources.