Plymouth State University serves the state of New Hampshire and the world beyond by transforming our students through advanced practices where engaged learning produces well-educated undergraduates and by providing graduate education that deepens and advances knowledge and enhances professional development. With distinction, we connect with community and business partners for economic development, technological advances, healthier living, and cultural enrichment, with a special commitment of service to the North Country and Lakes Region of New Hampshire.
Plymouth State University is a visionary institution at the hub of an ever-growing creative community where students, faculty, staff, and alumni are actively transforming themselves and the region. We develop ideas and solutions for a connected world and produce society’s global leaders within interdisciplinary Integrated Clusters, open labs, partnerships, and through entrepreneurial, innovative, and experiential learning.
Our values shape the environment in which our campus community members learn, teach, and serve. Our values guide our decision-making, provide clarity in determining priorities, and influence our relationships and behaviors. We value:
- our alumni, heritage, and future as a transformative and highly engaged University with innovative and creative approaches to learning and problem solving;
- service to others, exemplifying our motto, Ut prosim (That I may serve), and working across disciplines where deeper levels of learning and outcomes occur;
- entrepreneurial partnerships that enrich our learning and benefit our region focused on sustainable, environmentally connected work that enhances our sense of place and purpose;
- the rights and dignity of all people;
- diversity, equity, and inclusiveness across our community;
- free speech, diversity of opinion, and the opportunity to learn from one another;
- collective responsibility for the health, safety, and wellbeing of our community;
- accountability for decisions, actions, performance, and conduct.