Summer 2022 COVID-19 Guidelines
As we transition to summer, PSU has revised our COVID-19 policies. Please be aware that we will continue monitoring the COVID-19 situation through the coming weeks and months as we prepare for the fall semester. Details on our fall protocols will be communicated in early August.
Please note that we will not publish any weekly COVID-19 data through the summer.
Effective Monday, May 9, 2022, the following guidelines will be in place:
- PSU will not be conducting regular PCR testing throughout the summer.
- The last PCR testing opportunity for the summer will be on Wednesday, May 11, 2022, @ The Ice Arena from 9:00 am to 11:00 am.
- Students, staff, and faculty on campus during the summer are encouraged to utilize BinaxNOW test kits at any time.
- Residential students can obtain BinaxNOW now tests in their residence hall.
- Beginning Monday, May 9, 2022, employees may pick up BinaxNOW tests in Speare 201A during regular business hours.
- Residential Students and employees who are experiencing symptoms should take a BinaxNOW test and upload those results.
- Symptomatic Students can also make an appointment at Health Services for a Sophia Quidel Rapid Test. By calling 603-535-2350. Summer hours for Health Services are Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
If You Test Positive
Reporting of Positive Test Results – Employees and Students Living or Working on Campus
- Please report all positive test results as indicated at the links above and below. COVID-19 is considered a reportable illness to state public health officials. As a result, PSU is required to report the number of positive COVID19 cases to the NH Department of Health and Human Services. Please help support us by reporting any positive cases promptly.
New Isolation/Quarantine Policies
Beginning Monday, May 9, 2022, PSU has adopted revised Centers for Disease Control and NH Department of Health and Human Services (NH DHHS) recommendations regarding isolation and quarantine. If you test positive or are an identified household close contact requiring quarantine, please review the guidance in its entirety. Changes include, but are not limited to:
- Anyone who tests positive for COVID-19—regardless of vaccination status—can end isolation after day five (beginning on day six or later) if they are fever-free for at least 24 hours without taking fever-reducing medications and their symptoms are improving.
- While a negative rapid (antigen) test is no longer required for PSU’s policy, we recommend you take an antigen test for your safety and the safety of others.
- Residential Students who test positive should upload those results to the website using this link: https://forms.office.com/r/JLQraq9u9R, start wearing a mask, and self-isolate in their residence hall. Our COVID-19 team will contact positive students residing or working on campus during the summer to explain isolation requirements and the next steps.
- Employees who test positive should report the positive result to PSU and alert their supervisor. Employees must stay home for five days (isolation period) from the date they test positive. The positive test date (the date the sample was taken) is considered day zero; day 1 of isolation is viewed as the day after that positive test date. If, on day six, an employee has no symptoms or symptoms are improving, they may return to work and must wear a mask for an additional five days.
- While a negative rapid (antigen) test is no longer required for PSU’s policy, we recommend you take an antigen test if possible for your safety and the safety of others.
- Please remember that while PSU is not mandating masks at this time, it is vital that we are respectful to those that may continue to wear a mask. Please comply if you are asked to wear a mask in an office, classroom, or other campus location.
- The COVID19 website will be updated to reflect these changes and provide additional guidance and detail. You may also reach out with any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.