The MWM preserves and promotes the history, culture, and environmental legacy of the region, and provides collections-based, archival, and digital learning resources to researchers, students, and the public.
Plymouth State University has launched a digital collections database, of which the Museum of the White Mountains is proud to be a part of. This database features high-quality images with sharing, emailing, downloading, and commenting capabilities. Additionally, this database allows visitors the ability to search and browse collections on a University-wide scale, or a collection by collection basis.
Please note that the scanning of our large and growing collections is an on-going project. We will be updating our on-line materials frequently throughout the coming months.
Request an Image
Orders will be filled as soon as possible, depending on the size of the request and the availability of staff. Please note that requesting a reproduction does not constitute permission to publish.
Notice and Takedown Policy
You have grounds for a complaint if you believe that material in the collection:
- infringes on your or another’s copyright.
- is otherwise unlawful.
To submit a complaint, send an email or letter including:
- your contact details
- item description(s) and URL(s)
- nature of complaint
to the Museum Archivist or
- Museum of the White Mountains
- MSC 73
- 17 High Street
- Plymouth, NH 03264-1595
When a complaint is received museum staff will:
- acknowledge receipt of the complaint.
- remove the item from the repository while the complaint is investigated.
- investigate the validity of the claims and seek to verify identity and authority of complainant.
- contact complainant concerning the findings of the investigation and the resolution of the complaint.
We will seek to resolve the issue to satisfaction of all parties. Possible outcomes include:
- The item is replaced in the repository without any changes.
- The item is replaced in repository with changes or under restricted access.
- The item is permanently removed from the repository. Metadata for the resource will remain in repository.