Skip to Content
Back to top
Student Learning Outcomes
- Display professional competence in the following outdoor skills: backcountry camping, navigation, leave no trace practices, top rope rock climbing, and canoe paddling.
- Demonstrate effective leadership skills that include professional ethics, vision, communication, decision making, flexible leadership, and tolerance for adversity.
- Demonstrate effective teaching skills for a variety of outdoor related lessons.
- Demonstrate the ability to write quality lesson plans.
- Demonstrate a basic level of ecological literacy in natural environments encountered during the curriculum.
- Practice professional standards of risk management.
- Demonstrate backcountry emergency skills at the level of a Wilderness First Responder.
- Demonstrate competent facilitation skills including assessment of client groups, planning and conducting adventure based learning experiences and promoting transference of learning.
- Demonstrate the ability of conducting program outcome assessment.
- Describe and demonstrate risk management administrative practices appropriate to an entry level position in Adventure Education.
- Display understanding of professional standards of risk management.
- Is able to perform satisfactory work during an internship in Adventure Education.
- Is able to find and maintain work in Adventure Education or related field.