Cell and Molecular Biology
Explore the science of life from minute strands of DNA to complex ecosystems that stretch for miles and miles.
Our program offers opportunities for research and study using the latest technology and equipment, in the lab or in the field. In faraway tropical rainforests and coral reef habitats or New Hampshire’s own lakes and forests, PSU students work hands-on with faculty members to answer some of life’s toughest questions.
As an environmental biology major you’ll experience:
- Degree programs in environmental biology or biology
- Minors in neuroscience, anthropology, computing, criminal justice, and sustainability)
- Courses in zoology, anatomy and physiology, conservation, ecology, biochemistry, microbiology, genetics, neurobiology just to name a few
- Opportunities for local, national, and international field studies
- A talented and diverse faculty
- State-of-the-art laboratory and research facilities, including an electron microscopy suite, 1,400-liter marine aquaria, fully equipped human physiology lab, BSL-2 Microbiology and Genetics labs, museum and specimen room, and rooftop greenhouse
- Partnerships with the Center for the Environment, an innovative regional research center focused on environmental science and conservation.