Mathematicians untangle mysteries. With logic that is centuries old, or with brand new theories still waiting to be proven, mathematicians explore problems and develop solutions that change the world.
As a math major you’ll experience:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in mathematics, with options in teacher certification.
- Minors in general math, statistics, teacher education or mathematics technology.
- Community based internships and student teaching experiences.
- High quality preparation for a professional career as a teacher.
- A dedicated and talented faculty of mathematicians.
- Tutoring opportunities at the Math Activity Center.
- The Statistical Consulting Center, which provides resources for a variety of research projects.
The general purpose of this degree is to provide a program of study in mathematics fostering general mathematical reasoning and the development of the mathematical tools needed for success. Students wishing to pursue a career as a certified mathematics teacher should choose either the Middle School Teacher Certification or Secondary Teacher Certification option.