The Criminal Justice Organization (CJO) is comprised of criminal justice majors and other students interested in criminal justice. Because this is a student-run organization, events and activities are based on current student interests. Some activities the CJO has sponsored or been involved with include:
- hosting an exonerated death row inmate at PSU,
- participation in the Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event (a walk in support of preventing rape, sexual assault, and gender violence),
- paintball games,
- firearms training,
- NH marine patrol information & recruitment sessions,
- the Criminal Justice career fair, held late in the spring semester,
- and most recently, hosting author and public speaker, Karen Beaudin (she and her sisters were influential in establishing NH’s first Cold Case Unit).
The CJO is a great way to meet other CJ majors and make new friends who share similar interests. New members are always welcome and you don’t have to be a CJ major to join! For more information, please e-mail Laura Dykstra at firstname.lastname@example.org.