Programs Available for International Students
- MBA – General Management (on-campus cohort only)
- MS – Applied Meteorology
- MS – Applied Exercise Physiology and Human Performance
- MS – Athletic Training
- MS – Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- MEd – School Counseling
- EdS – School Psychology
- EdD – Learning, Leadership & Community
- EdD – Higher Education
- DPT – Physical Therapy
Requirements for International Students
In addition to the application requirements listed under the Application Requirements page, please read below for further information and requirements for international students:
Proof of English language proficiency
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) test scores (minimum scores: 550 paper-based; 213 computer-based; 80 internet-based) NOTE: Applicants to the program are required to take the TOEFL exam as proof of their English proficiency
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) scores (minimum score: 6.5)
- ELS Level 112 scores
- Pearson Test of English – Academic (PTE Academic) test scores (minimum score: 58)
Verification of Finances
Documents, including bank statements and other financial documents dated within the past 30 days, that confirm that you have the financial resources to study for a year at Plymouth State must be submitted to the Admissions Office. Applicants must also complete and have notarized the Plymouth State University International Graduate Student Certification of Finances form. Plymouth State will issue a Certificate of Eligibility (I-20) based upon documented evidence that funds exist to cover your expenses for one academic year. Regulations limit the employment of non-immigrant international students and their families; therefore, employment cannot be considered as a means of support while you are enrolled at Plymouth State.
Visa related documents
- Copy of most recent I-20 (if applicable)
- Copy of most recent I-94 (if applicable)
A copy of your valid passport must be included with application.
Official, notarized transcripts translated into English and evaluated for course-by-course equivalencies, and verifying that a baccalaureate, master’s degree, or both were completed. Preferred evaluation services are World Education Services (WES) www.wes.org or SpanTran spantran.com
Upon your admission into a Plymouth State graduate program, you’ll receive an email with your official acceptance letter attached. You must respond to this email indicating your intention to attend Plymouth State University. Once you have responded to this email the I-20 process may begin.
It’s important to understand the process, rules, and regulations regarding studying in the U.S. Please visit the U.S. Department of State website for the most current information regarding student visas and exchange visitors.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone callers from outside the United States may need to dial 00 + 1 + 603 + 535 + 2237 to reach us.