Frequently Asked Questions
myPlymouth is a self-service platform where you can access registration, student academic and financial resources, transcripts, degree works, personal information, PSU email, Canvas, library resources, and more.
Students should be checking their PSU email daily to ensure that they are receiving all official Plymouth State communications.
Log into myPlymouth, and select Enrollment Verifications from the Self-Service menu.
- Most undergraduate courses have scheduled exams. Please see the final exam schedule for more details.
- Graduate students, Please check with your professor.
Please refer to our FERPA webpage for details.
Please visit our Student Financial Services web page or call them at 603-535-2338.
Please visit Requesting Transcripts.
Please see relevant dates and processes.
What does the error say? (Right corner of screen in red.)
You may have a hold or be ineligible to be in that course (missing pre-requisite, time-conflict, etc).
- If you have a hold, contact the office that placed the hold.
- If the error indicates one of these reasons (registration errors), you may request an override from the instructor.
Once your instructor grants the override, you need to register yourself for the course via myPlymouth, Self-Service.
Overrides will not bypass a hold.
Please refer the session dates and deadlines on the academic calendar for the current academic year. Select the semester (i.e. Fall/Spring) and click on Part of Term Dates and Deadlines.
For undergraduate students, dropping your last class during fall or spring is considered withdrawing from the university, please see the Frost House for more details.
Full drop policy can be found in the catalog.
Please visit this link to all registration forms.
Enrollment census is a process by which the university confirms you are attending classes. As a result it is important that your instructor is able to verify your attendance in each of you classes. For further information:
- If you feel that you qualify for an override, please contact your instructor. Also, see “error” section above.
- If you are looking for assistance with what to register for please call or email your academic advisor or the Undergraduate Advising Center
- If you are having problems registering yourself into a class please call or email the registrar’s office at 603-535-2345 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are having trouble getting access to your myPlymouth or access to Moodle please Call or email the helpdesk.
Please see Graduation Application & Deadlines.
DegreeWorks is a degree audit platform used by Plymouth State. It provides you with a real-time view of your progress to degree completion. Please check it often.
After final grades have been posted* and we have confirmed all degree requirements have been met, your diploma will be mailed to the address you provided on your graduation application approximately 4-6 weeks after the end of the semester.
*Please note that grades are due from instructors the Thursday after the semester has ended. Once all have been received, we can begin to award degrees and order diplomas.
Some common reasons are holds on your account, you did not complete your requirements (ie missing credits, incomplete grades, GPA too low), and/or you changed your address after you filed your graduation application
Details are communicated to you by PSU email. If you still have questions after you’ve checked your email please contact email@example.com.
There is a distinction between having your degree awarded and walking in the Commencement Ceremony.
- The degree is awarded and the student receives a diploma only after the Registrar’s office has certified successful completion of all degree and institutional requirements.
- Walking in the commencement ceremony is the act of honoring and celebrating academic achievement.
For the information regarding the ceremony, please visit: https://www.plymouth.edu/current-students/campus-community/commencement/.