To learn more about opportunities to engage with Plymouth State University’s Academic & Career Advising Center, please see details below on joining Handshake. Plymouth State University partners with Handshake as our manage portal to post and promote employment opportunities, host and promote virtual or in-person events for your company and more. By joining Handshake you will also be added to our employer listserv to learn about additional opportunities to engage with our students.
Become an approved employer – the following criteria needs to be included in your Handshake profile:
- Organization/Company Name
- Organization/Company Description
- Contact/Staff Member Name affiliated with the organization/company
- Official organization/company website — Careers/Hiring Information must be included on your Handshake profile and/or on your company website
- Official organization/company phone number
- Official organization/company email domain – personal email addresses (i.e. Gmail, Yahoo, AOL) will not be approved
- Full Business Address – personal/home addresses will not be approved
Standard positions and employers that will not be approved or posted in Handshake:
- International (address) employers – exceptions and additional screening is required for domestic organizations providing international employment opportunities
- Qualifications that do not align with our institutions academic programs (unless looking for all majors) or exceed 5+ years of experience alongside education level (i.e. Bachelors, Masters, PhD programs)
- Home-based, independent-contractor, and multi-level marketing based employers and position (not associated with an established company) – examples include but not limited to: baby-sitter, tutor, care-taker, nanny, landscaper or painter
- Third-party positions that do not meet and follow the criteria as set by NACE and Handshake Third-Party Requirements and do not disclose the name of the company they are recruiting and hiring on behalf of
- Positions that require deposits or fees for participation – there may be exceptions given what the fee covers and will be inquired further with the individual employer
- Cannabis/Marijuana companies and positions
For further guidance on posting jobs in Handshake, visit the robust Help Center for Employers.
2. Request a consultation to expand your brand with Plymouth State University Students
- If you are interested in expanding your presence and brand on campus, request a 30-minute consultation to discuss your goals and develop a customized plan with a Career Development team member. To request a consultation, email email@example.com
3. Attend an Employer Event
- Each semester, the Career Development team will send key updates and engagement opportunities via our Handshake employer listserv. This includes career fairs, employer engagement & education opportunities and resources to advance your hiring needs.