Transfer Students

To receive financial aid through Plymouth State University, students must complete the FAFSA each year. The FAFSA is used to determine eligibility for need-based aid programs awarded to students in the form of grantsfederal work studyand Federal Direct loansAlternative loans must be applied for separately through a private lender or bank.

The FAFSA is available for completion beginning OCTOBER 1 prior to the upcoming aid year, and for first-time entering transfer students only must be submitted to the federal processor prior to June 15.  In future years, ALL returning students must reapply meeting the PSU priority deadline of March 1 as indicated on How To Apply.

Plymouth State University’s Federal School code for the FAFSA is 002591.

Before you complete the FAFSA, you will need a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) from the Department of Education. After you have completed the FAFSA, you will receive a FAFSA Submission Summary and Student Aid Index (SAI.) This information will be used to determine your financial aid eligibility.

All PSU financial aid offers are paperless. 

Helpful Hints 

  • Apply early. Do not wait until you have been accepted for admission.
  • Do not wait until the last minute to complete the financial aid application materials. An early start will leave time to collect information, ask questions, and solve problems.
  • Read instructions and follow directions carefully. Completing your FAFSA inaccurately will delay your financial aid.
  • Set up a financial aid file and keep copies of all documents.
  • Student Financial Services may request additional documents to support your application.
  • Carefully read all correspondence from Student Financial Services. Note that e-mail is the official means of communication at PSU.
  • Make sure all documents submitted are complete, accurate, and signed as required.
  • Respond promptly to all requests for additional information.
  • Print student’s name and PSU ID on all documents submitted to Student Financial Services.
  • Don’t submit tax forms or other documents to the PSU Student Financial Services unless specifically asked to do so.