The Lamson Library and Learning Commons is the integrated academic hub for Plymouth State University, committed to developing and sustaining a dynamic ecosystem that supports learning, teaching, and research. The teams housed at the Library include the Library itself, Writing Center, and the Open Learning and Teaching Collaborative (CoLab).
- Expand teaching of research and information fluency skills, incorporating diverse pedagogies.
- Increase access to information resources that align with the curricular and research needs of faculty and students.
- Articulate and demonstrate the value of library resources and services.
- Strategically manage financial, personnel, and technological resources in response to changes in libraries and higher education.
- Enhance students’ academic success by supporting them, one-to-one and in small groups, as writers, thinkers, and presenters.
- Partner with faculty and staff in presenting workshops/creating digital resources for all campus constituents.
- Collaborate with faculty to help students improve as writers in and across disciplines.
- Support all members of the PSU community – students, staff, faculty, and external partners – to grow as writers.
- Facilitate development and integration of Cluster Learning at PSU.
- Build community of practice at PSU around teaching & learning.
- Support the development of new architectures for learning at PSU.
- Articulate and demonstrate (on campus and beyond) the value of PSU’s unique perspective on open and public higher education.