School of Business
Bachelor of Science
The business administration degree takes an integrative approach to business learning. Rather than concentrate in one particular area, students who pursue this degree take introductory and advanced courses across several functional areas in the business school (including management, marketing, accounting, finance and entrepreneurship), which allows students to undertake business decision-making from a broad perspective.
This diversified approach is particularly fitting for students wishing to work in small and mid-sized companies, where they will likely take on a variety of functions. It also allows graduates the flexibility to pursue advancement in a variety of business areas.
Why study Business Administration with us?
Business students at PSU work on real-world projects as part of their classes, for a variety of companies and organizations in the area. The best way to learn is by doing. These projects also supply great real-world experiences to help build your resume.
Our faculty has extensive experience in the industry, across all business areas. They bring these experiences into the classroom to enrich student learning.
Vibrant Student Organizations
We have active business-related student organizations across the curriculum, including: The Marketing Association of Plymouth State, The Sports Management Club, ENACTUS (entrepreneur focus), Investment Club, Student Accounting Society, among others.
PSU is big enough to provide all the resources of a major university (top notch library services, technical support, health and wellness facilities, for example), yet small enough to get individualized attention in and out of the classroom.
Looking for the flexibility to customize your business degree? Are you interested in business, and want to maximize your career options?
As a business administration major, you’ll explore a wide range of basic business concepts through core courses required for all business programs, making it easy for you to declare a different business major after your first few semesters. You may also choose to stay with this flexible degree and design your own program of study.
Business administration is an ideal major for transfer students or current PSU students who are changing majors, as transfer credits may be accepted.
By fulfilling all of the course requirements for the bachelor’s of science in business administration, students will have demonstrated they can:
- Describe, explain, and apply fundamental concepts and relationships underlying accounting, economics, finance, management, marketing, and management information systems.
- Apply information technology and use the information to support business processes and make decisions.
- Identify the theories and practices of business ethics and social responsibility.
- Apply quantitative skills to analyze and solve business problems and discover opportunities.
- Communicate verbally and in writing about business topics.
- Function effectively as team members.
- Understand globalization and value cultural diversity.
- Demonstrate proficiency in discipline specific areas identified as specializations.