Bachelor of Science
The Department of Nursing’s mission is to provide nursing curricula that supports excellence in nursing education. We educate future nursing leaders to provide innovative, high quality, accessible health care to the geographic regions of Plymouth and beyond. We teach practices that promote the health and well-being of diverse individuals, families, communities, populations, and systems. We graduate competent nurses who make sound clinical judgments, communicate effectively, and make decisions using the best evidence available, to practice in an interdisciplinary global healthcare environment.
Prepare nurses to deliver patient-centered care as members of an interdisciplinary team, emphasizing teamwork and collaboration, safety, evidence-based practice, quality improvement, and informatics.
EXCLUSIVE HOUSING OPPORTUNITY!
As part of Plymouth State’s commitment to providing our students with the best environment in which to live, learn, and grow, we now offer a housing option just for nursing students.
This special opportunity reflects Plymouth State’s move to integrated clusters, an academic model that emphasizes creativity, innovation, and collaboration in solving real-world issues.
Living among other nursing students will inspire you to excel in your studies and clinical experiences and form supportive relationships with your peers. You’ll learn from each other, motivate each other, and discover new ways of looking at the field of nursing and the world.
Nursing student housing is located in the beautiful and spacious Langdon Woods Residential Complex, one of the most environmentally sustainable and energy-efficient buildings on campus. In addition to the spectacular view, Langdon Woods offers double- and triple-occupancy suites, a café, a kitchen, laundry facilities, an exercise room, and a multipurpose room that’s perfect for group discussions and study sessions.
And Langdon Woods’s location on the edge of campus provides you with a quieter environment in which to live and study that is still within an easy walking distance to the center of campus.
Interested in learning more? Contact Residential Life at (603) 535-2260 or email@example.com.
Based on the Mission, Vision, and Philosophy of the Department of Nursing, the following program goals have been identified. The program goals of the nursing program are to:
- Prepare graduates to provide safe, evidence-based, patient-centered care that reflects ethical clinical judgement and inter-professional collaboration.
- Provide an innovative program of study that is responsive to the changes in the healthcare environment.
- Promote collaboration and partnerships within the communities of New Hampshire and the world beyond.
- Develop students’ critical thinking skills, to solve problems encountered on the work unit, considering the health care system’s technological resources, agency policies, and client/family needs, to deliver quality care.
- Promote effective communication across all nursing practice settings, considering psychosocial, physiological, developmental, spiritual, cultural and educational concerns, in order to support positive client outcomes.
The PSU Nursing Department provides a supportive learning environment for nursing students in the classroom, clinical arena, and the greater community. The pursuit of a career in the profession of nursing implies a spirit of life-long learning; in that vein, the Nursing Department seeks to partner with students to create a mutual teaching and learning continuum wherein we all learn from each other. This spirit of inquiry is encouraged through discovery of the arts and sciences of nursing, using a problem-solving approach, whereby students and faculty alike find meaning in their nursing practice, within a framework of mutual respect. The essence of nursing lies in service to people in need; the PSU motto embraces this spirit of service to our community.