General Management (MBA)
Master of Business Administration
In-Person MBA Program – Complete the MBA in General Management in just one year by taking classes in our cohort program which begins in the summer of each year. You do not need to be a business major, in fact this program is designed for non-business majors who are interested in adding business and managerial skills to any bachelor’s degree. Learn More!
Plymouth State’s MBA in General Management is designed to give you an in-depth understanding of essential concepts from different areas of the business world. Working with faculty members who have real-world experience in business, industry, and government, you can tailor your program by selecting from a wide variety of business and business-related electives which can be completed entirely online or through our in-person cohort.
PSU Communication and Media Studies students may consider a 3+1 option to complete your bachelor’s degree in an accelerated three year model, then move into the +1 MBA program for your fourth year at Plymouth State. Learn More!
Online Option – The MBA program will continue to be offered entirely online for students who prefer a non-cohort option or live a distance from the PSU campus. Coursework in the online program can be completed part-time or full-time, and with rolling admission you can start throughout the year for the next available semester.
*International students who are interested in studying in the US, should contact the Graduate Admissions Office for more information about the in-person MBA cohort option.
Choose the 36-credit MBA program by itself, add a graduate certificate to your degree, or take the graduate certificate classes for professional development.
Two graduate certificate programs have been developed for students to focus their studies in a particular area of the business environment. The certificates consist of a minimum of 12 credits, and can be pursued as a post-baccalaureate certificate, or in addition to an MBA degree. Choose from the following options:
- Accounting Certificate
- Healthcare Administration Certificate
Register Now – Spring classes begin Jan 23/Mar 27
Did you know PSU allows you to take up to 12 credits of graduate coursework before applying to most programs? So whether you are admitted to a program or just want to try a class, you can get started today!
Search for classes – the Office of the Registrar handles the course registration process – more information is available by visiting their website where you can check out the current course schedule by clicking on the “Register for Courses” option on the left. Simply select the current term from the drop down menu which will then allow you to search for classes in a variety of ways.
Register Online – Registration can be completed online through the myPlymouth portal if you are a current/active student or have been admitted to a graduate program. Be sure to have your user name, password, and the course number and title handy. At the end of the registration process you will be notified of your billing due date. Specific instructions for completing the online registration can be found on the Registrar’s website under the “How to Register” tab.
New to PSU? If you are taking your first graduate class at PSU and have not been admitted to a graduate program, you will need to complete the paper registration form which can be found under the “Registration Forms” tab. Completed forms should be submitted directly to the Office of the Registrar via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 603-535-2724.
Graduate Tuition Rates – Tuition for graduate coursework is calculated on a per credit rate based on residency status. Click here to see the current tuition costs.
- Formulate an integrative business project through the application of multidisciplinary knowledge
- Analyze the impact of decisions and actions on stakeholders including interpersonal, societal, environmental, and organizational considerations
- Demonstrate awareness of economic, environmental, political, legal, and regulatory contexts of global business practice
- Understand, analyze, and apply ethics frameworks to corporate social responsibility and ethical decision making
- Employ effective cross-cultural communication
- Demonstrate ability to manage in circumstances where business practices and social conventions are different than those in the graduate’s native country
- Develop skills to generate novel and value-creating products, processes, or organizational forms
- Identify problems, define objectives collect and analyze information, evaluate risks and alternatives, and leverage technology to enable qualitative and quantitative methods to solve problems
- Assess environment and opportunities; align business activities and develop and implement strategic change in complex and uncertain conditions
- Prepare logically constructed and relevant oral and written arguments and information
- Demonstrate professional interaction and communication skills
- Participate in producing positive team objectives
- Describe best practices for effective leadership and demonstrate the ability to lead in organizational situations
- Analyze and apply accounting information to facilitate strategic decision making
- Employ financial decision models to select appropriate projects for a business enterprise and manage firm growth through strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, international expansion, and new venture development
“How much will my graduate program cost?” and “How will I pay for it?” are two of the most common questions asked when considering continuing your education. Here is some basic information about tuition, financial aid, scholarships and Graduate Assistant opportunities. We encourage you to click the links on this page for additional information and resources.
Tuition for graduate level courses is assessed on a per credit basis, and differs slightly for NH residents and non-residents. Please note, the per credit rate varies depending on the level of the program to which you are admitted.
2022-23 ESTIMATED Rates for New Hampshire Residents
|Program Level||Tuition||Mandatory Fees||Per Credit Total|
2022-23 ESTIMATED Rates for Non-Residents
|Program Level||Tuition||Mandatory Fees||Per Credit Total|
More information is available through the Student Account Services Office.
The full 2022-23 academic calendar can be found here.
- Fall 2022 – August 29 to December 16
- Spring 2023 – January 23 to May 12
- Summer 2023 – May 15 to August 11
We would be happy to provide you with more information about our graduate programs – here are a few ways to learn more!
INQUIRE – Complete a brief inquiry form and we will connect you with the program coordinator and provide you with additional information about the curriculum, admission requirements, faculty information, and more.
VISIT – We hold information sessions and campus visits throughout the year, or we can schedule an in-person advising appointment – come check out our beautiful campus in Plymouth, NH
CHAT – We would be happy to chat with you – just submit a question to one of our admissions advisors.
Want an answer right away? Give us a call – the Admissions Office is open Mon-Fri from 8:00am-4:30pm at 603-535-2237 or 800-FOR-GRAD.
Graduate Admission Team – Whether you are just graduating with your bachelor’s degree or have been out of school for a while, we are here to help guide you through the application process, assist in getting you registered for your first semester of classes, and provide you with “next steps, information, and resources on campus.
Director of Graduate Business Programs – Once you have been admitted into a graduate program, you will be assigned an academic advisor who will be your go-to person for class scheduling, program and/or curriculum questions, and academic guidance.
- Dr. Chen Wu, 603-535-3241 or email@example.com
Office of the Registrar – can assist with course registration, transcript requests and degree conferral information
Student Account Services – please contact them with questions regarding your bill, employer reimbursement, or financial holds on your account.
Financial Aid Office – is here to assist financial aid, student loans, or other financial related questions.
BU Course Offerings
Please check our course registration page for current offerings or schedule a time to speak with the program coordinator for more information.