As a student, faculty or staff at PSU, you will be required to have an official Plymouth State University Identification Card: The Panther Pass.
Your University ID has many purposes, including:
- Use as a “key” to residence halls and all academic buildings
- Getting materials from the Lamson Library
- Access to your Meal Plan and any PantherBucks* on your Card
- *PantherBucks can be used on campus at our dining locations, campus bookstore, vending, and at select downtown businesses for food and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Admission to the on campus facilities including the fitness center in the HUB
- Access to sporting events on campus
As a member of the PSU community, you are expected to carry your Panther Pass with you at all times. IT IS IMPORTANT!
For the attention of new undergraduate students ONLY:
For new students ID Photo’s are being take during new student move-in day. If you miss that day photo’s are then taken out of the Student Life Office in the Hartman Union Building Rm 110.
The cost of replacing a lost or damaged ID is listed below.
Lost/Stolen/Punched ID $25.00
Damaged ID $15.00
You must turn in your damaged ID to the office of Student Life in Hub 110 in order to receive the discounted price.
- A refund of $10.00 is available to students for recovered ID cards that were lost or stolen, for those who have already replaced their ID.
- There is a time limit of 60 days from the date of purchase of your current ID to receive the refund. Eligibility for a free ID will be decided on a case-by-case basis.
- If you are given a defective card you have 2 weeks from date of purchase to receive a free replacement of the card. After that normal costs apply.
This is for the attention of Online and Graduate Students ONLY:
Taking your picture: DOs and DON’Ts
If you don’t submit your picture through the GET app or online, you will need to stop by the ID Center to have your picture taken.
The GET software will help you crop the photo for your ID make sure you follow all the below guidelines
Your photo must be taken against a solid background. Lighter colors are the best (white, light blue, etc.). If it’s too dark we will reject the photo. No patterns, textures or scenic backgrounds in your picture either. We know it’s pretty but it doesn’t look good on the ID.
Be sure the photo you submit is exposed properly. Check your lighting source (if you’re not using a flash). If the light is coming from behind, your face will be too dark. If it’s coming from the side, the lighting will be uneven and your face will be too dark on one half and too light on the other half. Use a flash, even in daylight. Take a good look at the photo before you submit it.
SENIOR PORTRAITS, PROM PIX and SELFIES:
We’re sure your senior portrait is very nice, but it belongs on the wall or in scrap book. We’re equally sure your selfie game is very strong, but those along with your prom pics, vacation shots and wedding party photos are not quite what we’re looking for, regardless of how nice they are, please don’t submit them. Remember how your photo will be used – to identify you!
OTHER IMPORTANT DOs AND DON’Ts…
- Keep the hats and sunglasses off of your head for your Panther Pass Card Photo.
- Smile or don’t smile – it’s up to you – but please, no goofy faces.
- No other people in your photo. I know your friends and family are awesome but you’re the only one we need in the photo.
EXAMPLES OF ACCEPTABLE PHOTOS:
EXAMPLES OF UNACCEPTABLE PHOTOS:
Submit a photo:
OR Download the GET App:
Plymouth State University maintains a computerized Identification Card system to support the ID card requirements of the University. The ID card system is administered by the Administrative Office / ID Center in the Hartman Union Building as a service to all University students and departments.
Summary of services available with a PSU ID card:
- Borrow materials from the Lamson Library
- Gain admission to PSU athletic contests
- Use PSU Physical Education Center facilities
- Use Hartman Union/Recreation facilities
- Access to residence halls
- Access to all academic buildings
- Use of meal plan
- Use of vending and other cash-to-card devices
- Ski Package
Below are a few facts about PSU ID cards you should know:
- The ID card must be presented when seeking access or privileges requiring a PSU ID or upon request of a University official.
- You must produce “proof of your identity” in order to have your PSU ID taken. The PSU ID Notice (PDF) provides complete details.
- The cost of the first ID card issued will be $25.00. This cost is included in the orientation program fees of all first year undergraduate students.
- All Graduate, Part-time, Frost & Continuing Education students have to pay $25.00 for their first ID. The charge is done at the time it is printed because only full time undergraduate students pay the new student orientation fee where the cost of their ID is collected.
- The cost for a student to replace a lost/stolen/punched ID card will be $25.00.
- In the case of stolen ID cards if you report the card as lost to a Police department and bring in a copy of the report we may reduce the cost to $15.00. Any discount must be approved by Student Life staff.
- The cost to replace a damaged card is $15.00 under the condition that the damaged card is turned in when a new card is issued. Punching a hole in the card will incur the full $25.00 cost for replacement, regardless of condition.
- During the first two weeks after purchase of a new ID, you may be able to get a free replacement if the card ceases to work. After the first two weeks the card will be treated like any other damaged card and will cost $15.00 to replace. Eligibility for a free ID will be decided on a case-by-case basis. Damage to the card will void this option.
- A refund of $10.00 is available for recovered ID cards that were lost or stolen, for those who have already replaced their ID. To receive the refund you must bring both the current and previous ID to the ID Center. You MUST turn in the old ID to receive the refund. There is a time limit of 60 days from date of purchase of the new card to receive the refund. We do not refund cash. Refunds will be issued as checks or refunded to your student account.
- It is very important to replace lost or stolen ID cards as soon as possible. This is to protect you against misuse of your ID for campus operations such as food service, any relevant access control, the library and other on-line University data-based operations.
- Your campus ID card is an important and powerful tool. It must be treated carefully, like you would your ATM card, driver’s license or credit cards. It is not transferable. It should be kept in a wallet or pouch to keep it clean. DO NOT punch a hole in the card, as this will damage your ID card. The University is not responsible for any misuse of your ID card.
- Panther Bucks is now available for vending, laundry, meals, retail food purchases and in the University Bookstore. For more information about Panther Bucks use see: https://campus.plymouth.edu/student-account-services/flexcash-purchases/
- Fraudulent use of an ID card may result in disciplinary action. Fraudulent use includes using or permitting the use of a card by a person other that the individual to whom it is issued or for the benefit of a person not entitled to the privilege for which it is used.
Student ID’s are printed in the Student Life Office located in HUB 110 – (603)535-3215.
If any further questions, please contact Randy Szabadics (email@example.com)